Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

walking and talking

hi everyone,
Elise loves to walk, but i've noticed her legs are a bit stiff and she's slightly bow legged. She had her hips checked and so I think there isnt a problem there. She was only walking whilst holding onto things when she last saw the peadiatrician. he reassured me she didnt have cerebral palsy or anything like it.
i know i shouldnt compare, but i end up watching other toddlers to see if they walk the same.

Also, she babbles alot, she doesnt say many words. the other day she looked at me and seem to say 'dad' I told her he was in the kitchen making dinner. Her face lit up and she went to my son and shouted 'DINN' then she went to table. i know I've had 3 children, but i cant remember when my boys started stringing 2 words together.
OMG I'm so paranoid, i know she has been slower to catch up than them and think she may be at 16 month development instead 19 months.
how is your lo speech coming on?

maria xx

Replies

• hi ya

Elise sounds like she is doing great, espcialy as she was so early. i dont think taht you have to worry about them not saying much until they are about 2 as long as they undrestand what you say then its fine.

xxxxxxxxx
  • sam mainly chunters ans is gradually getting more words he can now sat charlie (our dog) but calls him arwie. he said daddy bye bye the other day and has now mastered as far as the boat in row row your boat. they only really start getting real language skills from about 18 months so sounds like she is right on track. if your worried about her legs get your health visitor to watch her walk as it may be more noticable then. we have got to take sam back for a check up as he is favoring his right leg especially when he runs. taking him mid september. we have also been told if we do have more children they will automatically be refferred because of the problems sam has had with his hips
  • thanks ladies
    feeling better now.
    maria x