Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First night in big boy bed!

We've taken the plunge and converted his cot to a bed, it looks so cute and tiny now!!!! We are big chickens so bought a bed guard and bolted the other furniture to the wall lol! Oh and a baby gate at his door! lol!!!! So you can tell I am a bit apprehensive! Hopefully he'll be ok! Got a feeling its the end of our lie ins!

Replies

• Options
    Wow. I can't wait to hear Lucas gets on. I think I'm gonna keep Samuel in his cot for a good while. He moves so much in the night - I know he'd end up on the floor!
  • Options
    hope that it went ok. xxx
  • Options
    Lara, Jo...Lucas is a real wriggler too so we bought a bedguard which does the trick. I'm glad I did it now tbh coz he has cried himself to sleep (only lasting a min or two) every night since we changed it over so hes obviously taking a wee while to get used to it. i think the longer I left it the worse it would get! He can climmb off the little space at the bottom brilliantly so not worried about him falling out and we did baby proof the room before changing it over so if he does get up he'll be safe. It's always hard for them to get used to new things but I think give Lucas a few more nights he'll be quite happy in his big boy bed.
  • Options
    Glad it seems to be going well. Good on you!

Not going to try this until she starts to climb out her cot as at least I know where she is, she is far to wild to be letting loose in her room just yet lol x
  • Options
    Tonight there was just a single wimper then he fell asleep! Woot!
  • Options
    wow thats really good,
    im not brave enough yet as i know that freya would be a nightmare, she is far to much of a maddam to be set loose yet. xxxxx
  • Options
    That's great LC!
    I've been wondering if I should go for it with Ruby.
    We're moving sometime soon (well hoping to be in our new house by Chrsitmas) so I think i'll go for it then.

Her little legs keep getting caught in the cot bars though so might end up going for it sooner.

Wil need to buy a bed though as we've only got a normal cot.

More shopping! Woo!!!!

Keep us updated on how he gets on with it xxx
  • Options
    well how is Lucas doing now we will be putting Luke in a proper bed but need to get sides first
  • Options
    Hes doing great! He knows how to get on and off properly so hes really confident at it now. He goes to sleep fine too and he has only been in it 5/6 nights! Some people say best doing it before they get to attached at 2+ so thats why I did it. Still get funny looks from older members of my family saying why would you want to do that! lol!
  • Options
    Hi LC
    What does Lucas have as a cover in his new bed? I've been using a sleeping bag with Gwenan but she's starting to outgrow them now and she just kicks a blanket off. I've noticed that BabyGro do a special duvet set with a 'zip in' part but it's really expensive.
    MusoMami xx
  • Options
    He has a duvet but never uses it so he sleeps mainly without covers although i do put a little blanket over him when i check on him. doesn't seem to bother him at all. when it gets colder ill just buy the all in one fleece suits...i love those anyway!!! i thought about a sleeping bag but then thought thats prob dangerous since he would prob fall over trying to get out his bed!!!