Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My friends waters have gone at 28 weeks...

My friend just txt to say his partner's waters have gone...I'm so upset! Shes not due til july. I dont know much detail but I know shes in one of the big city hospitals in Glasgow. I dunno what to do. I hate this sitting about... I just look at lucas and think how lucky I am. I'll keep you updated when I find out anything.

Replies

• so sorry to read this nicola....it makes you appreciate everything so much more doesnt it!
    as way i giving so positive thoughts i have a friend who had her baby at 21weeks!!! and it is amazing the little fighter has recently been allowed home from hospital. She was due the same time as all of us and gave birth way back in november......a little miracle.
    i hope your friend is ok. thinking of them. x
  • They've just had a scan. Baby is a tiny 2lbs 13oz. They are going to keep her in 48hrs,give seroids and antibiotics and if there is no infection after 48hrs she can go home. I thought that was a little weird. I dunno what will happen after that.
  • A wee update- She's having contractions every 10 mins at the moment. Hope they manage to stop them. Found out she's only 27+4!
  • my nephew was born at 28 weeks and is now a strapping 2 1/2 year old. hope everything is ok for them sending lots of hugs to you all
  • more positive thoughts....my friends baby was 1lb 9ozs.....tiny tiny. but again is now home with mummy and daddy as he would have been born at 40weeks. hope all goes well for her! fingers crossed they can stop the contractions. xx
  • I'm not feeling very good about it right now. I know most babies survive but they are still going to have such a hard time since baby is so tiny! I suppose having my own baby now just intensifies it because I would be so scared if it was me, more so now that I have a child than when I was pregnant. It's the same seeing anything on the tv, I just can't watch anything involving sick babies anymore...

I probably won't hear anything for a few hours now and it's the not knowing that's killing me. They already have a wee girl, she was born at 34 weeks because of OC and is 2 now so she was always scared of going early but she didn't thin kit would be this early. There has been a shortage of NICU beds in the area recently and when I was in one girl had to get sent to Dundee!!! That's a long way from here. When Michelle heard this at the time she was worried.
  • UPDATE- contractions every 5 mins now!
  • Hi, just wondering how your friend is.. Has she had her baby, or did they stop the contractions.
    Sending lots of luck and wishes.
    caz x
  • She's still having mild ones but she's not considered to be in labour anymore. We are still waiting to see what's happening We have been told there aren't any baby beds for at least a week!
  • UPDATE: She's bleeding now... image
  • Apparently 95% of babies survive at 28 weeks. My lo was born 6 weeks early so spent lots of time in Special Care. It is amazing what they can do.