Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Stefy & Grace

Hi love,
Just wondering how you are?
How is Grace doing with her sleeping now?
Ellie really is a nightmare I am at the end of my tether with her now & I just don't know what's wrong! I feel as though I have tried everything, she has a good routine during the day but when it comes to bedtime she plays up big style even though she's normally exhausted.
Have tried CC which worked for about 2/3 days then she decided she wasn't doing it any more, she screamed last night for an hour & a half & in the end I had convinced myself she was about to take a fit so I lay down with her in my bed & woke up at half 1 with my clothes still on me!
I know it's my own fault for bringing her into bed with me but when she's crying the way she does it's theeasiest solution because I still live at home i'm a bit like you in not wanting to disturb other people!
Anyway hope things have sorted themselves out for you & your keeping well. Love the new pic of Grace she has changed so much
Lauren xx

Replies

• Options
    Well, I've decided to change her onto the stage 3 milk as I don't think the stage 2 is filling enough for her but she won't take a bigger amount per bottle! She's always been fussy with her feeding & it can be a real struggle at times to get a decent amount of food of a day so she's always pretty unsettled.
    Going to give this milk a go & see if it improves her sleeping & gradually add more to her meals...she was awake from 5.40am this morning so need to do something!

Bloody clocks really are a pain, I hadn't even considered they would be because we as adults are so chuffed to get 'extra hour in bed' lol babies havne't a notion of what that is so obviously doesn't go that way for us parents! I am delighted for you though that she seems to be sleeping better, must've been a wee growth spurt. xx
  • Options
    She's on cow & gate number 2 for hungrier babies, they have stage 3 which is from 6 months & then their follow on milk from 1 year.
    My friend's LO was wakening earlier & earlier in the mornings so she moved onto stage 3 & it seemed to do the trick, not too sure what it is that's in it but I am hoping it makes a change!
    She gets a bath & massage then a bottle before bed but it's touch & go how much she takes. I only started with her 3rd meal a day last week so i'm a bit reluctant to give her food as opposed to milk just at this stage.

My other friends who's daughter is 3 now was refusing her milk at bedtime so she did what your doing with Grace & it worked a treat so fingers crossed it works for you too.
    I'm trying also to keep Ellie awake in the day for longer, it's difficult especially when she looks as though she is turning inside out with tiredness & when i'm out & about but hopefully she'll sleep a bit longer through the night!

Kids are just trial & error I have come to realise. What were your other 2 like in comparison to Grace? I only have my friends LO & my nephew & niece to compare Elle to & she's like the child of satan compared to them sometimes!!!! xox
  • Options
    Thanks for that it's always good to have a wee look & see what other's are like with their routines.

Ellie was born on the 30th March so she's only 7 months on Thursday coming, I still can't believe it as it seems to have flown by!

Yes as I say i'm not sure what exactly the deal is with the stage 3 but C&G seem to be stage 1 & 2 are both from birth then stage 3 is 6 months + & their 'growing up' milk is from 1 year. Try it & sure see how it goes, we can compare notes!