Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

7-9 month review

Hi,

My lo had her 7-9 month review yesterday. She is on the 75th centile for height, weight and head measurement - so hv said she needs to change her diet to get back on 50th centile, but as I said if she is on the 75th centile for her height asell, what does she want me to do? Squash her down a little? To me if she's on 75th centile for everything then she's all in proportion.

HV said she only needs 2 bottles a day but she has 3, she said I must stop that no, but she's in a perfect routine which suits us both. I go back to work on monday so I know her routine is going to be disturbed but does anyone think I should stop doing what I'm doing just to suit a HV? She's my baby! My son is nearly 6 and he's fine! She really annoyed me, talking to me like a was stupid and did not have a clue about being a mum.

Any opinions?

Replies

• Errr let me see now....NO!
    Absolutely not love, continue doing what suits you & yor daughter. Why on earth is she telling you to make her lose weight? Sounds ridiculious! By no means is 75th centile huge in my opinion, if she was away up over the 90th then maybe but I think you should continue with what makes your LO happy & what suits you.
    Good luck for going back to work on Monday, hope it's OK!!

PS Didn't even know babies had 7-9month review! xx
  • my hv said that it was fine as long as they are in proportion. Sam was in 91st centile for his weight ever since birth. the only thing my hv was concerned about was that his height jumped from 91st-avove 98th. no one has mentioned his weight at all so dont think you have to worry
  • thanks for the reply and support!!!

I'm going to keep on doing what i'm doing. She just made my feel like I was doing everything wrong! Then when after she said all that, she said 'right now, we wont review her til she's 2'!!

Some HV really annoy me!!!!
  • 2 bottles! god jay has about 5 sometimes 6, i didnt know he wasn't ment to be having this many? considering i havent even heard from my hv in months i dont know when jays check up will be. Can i just take him to the nurse to be checked?

charlie
  • Its so weird the way hv are sometimes every baby should be on 50th, they tell me to keep up the bottles because erin is on 25th centile but again she is in proportion, tbh i haven't had her weighed for a month because they stress me out so much, Erin loves her solids now and we're happy i really don't want to take her to the clinic cos i know they will make me worry she's under weight. It really makes me mad that they making you worry because your lo is 25 percent over the average and they make me worry because Erin is 25 percent under the average, you can't win.

I say stick to your routine if its working for you x
  • i cannot beleive that...what a cow!!!!

Mind you, i had a terrible time getting the boys off bottles as i gave them far too many for far too long. the earlier you get them off the better for you!!!

Amelia is on the 19th centile but is in proportion. If they chart her age adjusted (minus the 5 weeks she was prem) then she is on 25th. so long as their not out of propportion as in weight on the 90th and height on the 10th etc.... then i dont see what the problem is!!!!

d xxx
  • Just thought I would add that Ellie is & has been on the 9th centile since birth & has continued along this line steadily.
    My HV just tells me she is in proportion & is getting what she needs which is what I think too! xx
  • What ridiculous advice. She sounds perfectly healthy as she is. I would keep doing what you're doing. I think 3 bottles sounds perfect for now too. J x