Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm due a December baby! UPDATE - The dream is over :(

Hi ladies,

After 10 very long and emotional months...
I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're so so thrilled but extremely nervous!
Should all go well baby is due 6th December.
I still can't believe it!

Please keep your fingers and toes crossed that this one is here to stay.
Mummy already loves you so much little one! Hold on! xx

********************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE: The pain and bleeding started through the night and the hospital confirmed that we had lost our baby on Easter Sunday. We're devasted as have been trying for so long and with the previous mc too. We really didn't want a huge gap so if we were to try again it would be soon, but hubby will be in Afghanistan for 6/7 months in March and i'm scared at the thought of him not being there, if I was to carry a baby to term image So we a lot of thinking to do now..

Thank you all so much for the congrats though, we were sooo happy and barely stopped smiling, but as my delightful friend says 'Everything happens for a reason' ARGH!!! Wrong thing to say! Haha!

Amy xx

[Modified by: Amy and Ruby on 06 April 2010 09:40:35 ]

Replies

• OMG i'm soooo pleased for you!!!! Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful Christmas pressie that will be!!! Hold on tight little one xxxxx
  • So pleased for you! A Xmas baby will be special!

Will cross everything for you

d xx
  • Amy HUGEST congratulations!
    Hope all goes well for you & you have a happy & healthy pregnancy xxxx
  • aww so pleased for you, send ing you lots of sticky baby glue, hope that all goes well. xxxx
  • Aww I'm so pleased for you! That's amazing news!
  • Oh wow! Congrats!! You must be delighted. Hope all goes well for you x x x
  • Congratulations! Hold on tight for mummy little christmas pudding.. image x
  • I'm so sorry to hear your news hun, my thoughts are with you, sending you huge hugs x x x
  • I replied on your other thread..

again tho, so so so sorry! Wish i could wave a magic wand for you.. its is so unfair.

((((((hugs))))))))))))

d xxx
  • I'm so sorry. Life is so cruel! You deserved this baby so much! Big hugs and hope you are ok xx
  • Oh I'm so sorry Amy. That's awful news. I've had two mmcs and I know how horrible it is, but your situation is worse than ours with your husband being away, plus the fact it has taken a while to conceive. You poor darling. It really isn't fair at all.

Things could happen much quicker if you decide to try again soon. I've caught straight away in 1st month of trying after both my mmcs, but then again I only had to try for 4 month with my 3rd pg, and it also happened straight away with 1st pg, so I guess you just can't tell.

I have friends who've been trying for a year now and I feel so bad for them that they're not doing anything wrong, and we didn't do anything right for it to happen quickly.

Then again, you might feel like having a little break. We left it for a couple of months this time and I felt much more stable and settled emotionally. I'd given myself a bit of time to heal.

I do remember the first month really dragged in this pg as well because my track record was only one successful pg out of three, which isn't good at all. At least this time, I didn't have everyone saying to me "Oh things will be all right for you this time/next time" which I did find slightly annoying after my 1st mc.

Anyway, I'm going off on one. I hope your friend's comments haven't hurt you too much. People do say all sorts of silly things after a mc because they're trying to make you feel better - I've had a few big gaffes too.

Take care and big hugs x x x
  • So sorry for your sad news. Life's just too cruel sometimes. Really hope you get a sticky 2011 bean.x
  • So sorry for your sad news. Life's just too cruel sometimes. Really hope you get a sticky 2011 bean.x
  • Thank you for your kind words ladies.
    I'm so sorry that you have also had to go through this hun, but so thrilled that this pregnancy is going so well for you. I also read that your more fertile after mc, although i'm unsure why. I think we will go for it. We started trying straight away last time but looking back it was probably not a bad thing that I didn't fall pg straight away as I took it so badly and would have been a wreck. TTC can take over your life sometimes so i'm keen to get back on (that sounds so wrong!) as don't want to delay it anymore image Well see what happens.. xxx
  • so sorry to hear that hun, some times life just isnt fair.
    good luck with ttc again, hope the next one is a sticky one. xxxxxx
  • Good luck Amy. Glad you and hubby are united in your decision. My hubby and I had rows over silly things after my mcs so I know it can put a strain on your relationship for some people (i.e. us!)

It is normal to take the experience of mc "so badly" as you put it. I was amazed at how deeply and profoundly it affected me, and how bereaved I felt - especially the 1st mc before Samuel. It really was terrible at the time. However I think the main difference between grief from a mc and grief for a friend or family member for example, is that you can move on completely in time from mc grief if you go on to have a healthy baby at some point. With a person who you know, you learn to live the loss in time.

Sorry if I'm being really morbid, but I just want to send my love as I do remember how low I felt at the worst times when it happened to me. I can also promise you that I have healed completely emotionally over time.

Take care x x x
  • Amy i'm so sorry to hear this hon.
    I hope that TTC goes well for you & that it doesn't take over your life & your able to relax & enjoy!
    Good luck chick! xxxxx