Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not eating...again

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on much lately just been distracted with things that are going on...still not found anywhere to live & we're back in court in 2 weeks to decide the next stage in the access with Ellie but for some reason I feel sick everytime I think about it & am having difficulty talking to her Dad because I want to continue with the supervised access for another 8 weeks & have a feeling he won't be happy.

Anyway my main reason for this post is that Ellie is refusing all food except her soya yoghurts & fruit pots. It's driving me insane because she's wakening through the night for a bottle but thinking it's morning & wanting to play. She has cut 2 teeth & they are nearly through & everyone is saying it'll be her teeth annoying her but she's a creature of habit & i'm afraid if she continues refusing food that when her teeth are not annoying her any more she'll continue refusing food because she's got used to it.

She doesn't seem hungry at all & I know she can only eat what she can eat but I am getting worried again & don't know what to do. Any ideas???

Thanks as always!
Lauren xxx

Replies

• Ryan went through that a few weeks back and it went on for a month! I was getting so concerned and called the HV in the end, although she didnt really advise. What she did suggest was cutting back on his milk which I did a little (but still give him his 3 bottles, he loves his milk!) but all of a sudden really he decided he would eat again. He also would only eat yoghurts and fruit pots, it was so tough. Most people have just said his teeth which to be honest I think it was as he is just cutting his 7th and a few came all in one go. ANd the cold food numbs the gums a little. Everyone was telling me to just carry on with what they will take and as long as they are drinking their milk, not to worry (easily said...).He has picked up again beautifully now and eats everything. So good luck and I hope it ooesnt last too much longer!
  • oh no Lauren. You have so much on your young shoulders you really do!!!!
    Well, as you know Amelia is not great at eating either. However, I have found grated cheese a new favourtie. she loves finger food. The doctor told me to give her lots of egg yolk so I scramble that up and serve with fingers of toast (no crust) and she loves that too. she likes veg but only sweet ones like sweet pot, carrot etc. She will eat fish mixed with these things too. she likes meat but only if i liquidise it up.

I really would not worry too much. babies will eat when hungry. maybe some of your anxiety is rubbing off on her at meal times?????

Hope all goes well over next few weeks.

d xxxx
  • i know it sometimes feels as though i did something awful in a previous life for the cards i've been dealt but there's others out there worse off!

ellie's never had anything other than food i've made her but at the end of my tether the other day i bought a jar of organic baby food & for some unknown reason the wee cat is devouring the jarred food yuck! i am only giving it to her until i speak to my hv on tuesday because i'm starting to think it could be to do with her milk intolerance ....nightmare xx