Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Review of your pram?

How are you all finding your prams now you've had a chance to use them? Are they as good as you thought? Here's what I think of mine.

Pram: Silver Cross 3D system

Overall: I feel as if I have to be careful with it and be gentle but I dunno if thats just because I've read some reviews of it not lasting very long. We haven't had any problems with it so far tho! The brakes are a bit weird because you have to make sure you click the two sides down even tho you are meant to be able to put them on by pressing one side only. It says you shouldn't put anything on the handle but where are you then supposed to put the bag that comes with it? I still hang it on the handles but I hope it doesn't do any damage! It is easy to change between the modes but a little awkard to put it up and down in a hurry.

Pram Mode: I love pram mode because Lucas is facing towards me. The liner is a bit footery to wash as you can't put it in the machine and it takes a while to dry. He is already quite big in it and I'm not sure how long he will last in it. My guess is another 2 months.

Pushchair mode: Haven't used it yet but all looks fine with it. I like the extra padding for the head.

Carseat Mode: A little heavy to steer around but it's easy to get the car seat on and off. Only downside is that the raincover doesn't fit on it in this mode and I had to buy a separeate one for the car seat.

Overall I'd give it 4 out of 5 for its versatility, size and general comfort for the wee one. I can see me using it for a long time to come because it's an umbrella fold pram and isn't too big. I'm glad I got it in the end.

[Modified by: Nicospoon on 19 April 2008 15:03:08 ]

Replies

• We have the graco aswell lara.....

not going to go through what we think in detail as think you have somed it up. Its really good and we have no complaints about it at all!!

xx
  • I got the pilko pramette and am loving it. The only thing I dont like is that when in pram mode you cant put car seat on. You have to adjust it back to pushchair mode which takes ages as you have to put hood on otherside and zip things and unfold things etc.. I am mad that I did not know that as I would not have bought it. It is a silly design. I therefore have her in pram which is pain as in and out of car seat all the time especially at school drop off and school pick up as this involves 2 diff locations.

The car base I bought was surefix..it is pants!!!! Its great for making sure you have baby in safe but you have to fiddle with belts and it impossible to do as if you put belt thro the loops on the base then plug it into the seatbelt holder and then grab the car seat to put on base you tend to let go of belt so this goes back in the seat and then you have not got enough tension to put belt around the back of seat as the belt locks once it has been out then back in. You then have to take the seat of base and start all over again. This is really hard with a screaming baby and 2 toddlers to strap in too....

Other than all that I am loving it. It is a delight to push, to fold and looks great. I got it in City Scape. Andrew is going to UK on business this week so I have ordered the Isofix base which the car seat just snaps onto no belts invloved.... another 100 quid TBH worth every penny!!!!

I would recommend it totally but worth knowing all the problems first. I loved the silver cross but no car base as far as I know? I had Graco with the boys and loved it but fancied a change.

PILKO PRAMETTE....due to small annoying problems
    3 and half out of 5
  • I've got the mamas & papas xcel chassis 6 in 1 pram & I love it!

The front wheels don't turn, it's big & bulky, you have to have either carry cot on or car seat or pushchair bit you can't do 2 at once but I knew all that before I bought it so i'm happy enough.

It's lovely to push & I have found myself walking for hours with it because of it & Ellie loves the fact that she's lying flat like in her moses basket. She does't like the car seat but only as she is too wee for it at the moment, i'd say even another few weeks she'll have grown into it (she only weighs 7lb at 3 weeks old!).

I'd give it 3 out of 5 but I do love it!!
  • duh..I have lost the front bar that goes on my pram as pushchair mode. This is needed for clipping car seat on!!!!!!! I HATE losing things. I feel like it is a decine of my brain. TBH when we got the pram from UK I was so excited about putting it up but as I was on bed rest i asked Andrew He was watching footie, picking his nose, about to make phone call etc... this went on for a few days so I did it in a strop. I was all over place those days with the impending delivery etc.. and I could have put it anywhere. Obviously it is all his fault!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha!!!!
    d xx
    going to have one last look today and then I will call spare parts in UK and order it. Andrew in london this week so he can pick it up or send to his hotel.