Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wills

Hello everyone, just wandered following on from post on baby forum how do you make a will. I have never had to do anything legal like this before except the mortgage and life insurance which our adviser sorted for us. Do you just get a solicitor and go from there. Any advice/experience would be much appreciated

xx

Replies

• Depending on how complicated your Will will be, you can actually buy kits from W H Smiths for about ??15. I'd only recommend this though if your Will is very straight forward. I.e you want everything to pass to your surviving spouse/partner and then onto the children or in the event of no spouse/partner straight to the children. Any more complicated than that then i would seek the advice of a Solicitor. If you do decide to do it yourselves, make sure you get your signature witnessed by two independent witnesses i.e not related to you or anyone who stands to benefit under the Will as when i was a Wills & Probate legal secretary, this mistake was actually very common x
  • I have made a will through my solicitor & it is the best decision i've ever made! It just makes me feel comfortable knowing that things are set in place for Ellie xx
  • I agree, i work for a firm of Solicitors and drew mine up through them. I have great peace of mine knowing that there are provisions in my Will for my husband and girls and vice versa. Def recommend having one drawn up! x
  • Bloody good idea. Thanks for posting this. I don't have one but really should get it sorted.