Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

REALLY pissed off baby :(

Okay, I had to go away with OH for what should have been two days but it ended up being three because we couldnt get a flight. We were in La Paz which has a very high altitude, so we didnt take Alex because we thought she might get altitude sickness. I did, and that and morning sickness really dont mix!
Anyway we were expecting a very happy chatty baby when we got back to Santa Cruz. No. She has been ignoring us, screaming at us and generally acting like a 15 year old teenager, not a 6.5 month old baby! Ive tried everything, cuddles, kisses, strokes but shes having none of it.

I know its my fault for leaving her, but what do I do to get her back??

Replies

• hi....are you staying abroad forever now??/ Dont think I saw any wedding pics either????
    Did not realise you were pregnant! Congrats! How far on are you????

Am sure that you are imagining it. Babies dont have the capability to be so cunning (i dont think anyway). She may just be unwell etc.. or teething. Am sure you will be back on track in few days. Spend a girlie day with her just playing, cuddling etc... am sure by end of it you will feel Ok with her.
    We are all allowed time away from babs...dont feel at all guilty.

D xxx
  • Hey, thnks for ur reply.
    Im still in South America at the moment, yes. Im getting fed up and missing the UK but theres a problem with Hubbys visa as theres been some civil unrest and fighting. The government here is so bloody corrupt! Thats why we went to La Paz to try and sort it out.
    I was actually gonna put the wedding pics on Facebook today so you should be able to see the update. I think Alex actually is poorly. She slept really badly last night and was coughing and crying. She also has bad nappy rash and keeps touching the side of her head so I think she may be teething and has a cold. Poor lamb. image
    Yep I do have morning sickness, I fell pg straight after the MC in August, Im now 7 weeks along, having a scan next Friday to check viability but I am hoping the sickness is a good sign!

G.x
  • Oh wow! Congrats Gem! That's great news (re the morning sickness I mean).

Samuel went away with my hubby to granparents at wknd. When he came home he looked at me grinned like mad, then burst into almighty tears like I've never seen before. He didn't want to cuddle me straight away either. I knew he was saying "you abandoned me!!!!"

Anyway, all was forgiven within minutes as soon as I bf him. Hope Alex gets back to normal soon!

J x