Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

How are our LO's doing?

Just wondered how we are all doing and who has been transfered to the health visitor now? I saw mine for the first time today and Lucas was weighed and measured. Thought I'd share how he is and ask you to do the same.

Weight at birth: 8lbs 15oz
Lowest weight: 7lbs 14 1/2oz
Weight now: 8lbs 1 1/2oz
Lenght: 51cms
Feeding: Breastfeeding every 2hrs during day, 4 at night, 1hrly in the morning between 6 and 9.
Pooing: Now alternates between green and yellow. It's like a surprise everytime you check as to what colour it will be!
Any problems: Very windy and on infacol already. Has wee rash on belly and very dry skin. Needs a dummy or won't settle after feeds because of wind.

Replies

• I have not been signed off by MW yet (due to the 2 haemorages) but expect to be today. Have been seeing HV for two weeks now.

Birth weight - 7lbs 10.5ozs
    Lowest birth weight - not known, not routinely checked after birth within the county as they believe it causes psychological worry for parents.

First weigh-in with HV - 8lb 4oz
    Second weigh-in with HV - 8lb 7.5oz

Length at first HV appt - 53cm
    Head circ - 35.6cm

Feeding - only because im anaemic after blood loss and was way to tired to establish feeding so Mia is bottle feeding. 4/5ozs every 4 hours.Up feeding once in the night ( yey).

Pooing - 2/3 lovely big yellowy ones a day. best ones always 6am (ish) just in time for daddy before he goes to work!! lol.

Problems - none to report.

Del xx
  • I know Lucas is only 12 days old but Iswear he's trying to smile! Health visitor said he'd smile early coz of his muscle tone and alertness. Apparently I smiled at 3 weeks. Here's a pic of him in his dino suit:

http://file041b.bebo.com/14/large/2008/03/31/23/1380491090a7314371702l.jpg

• Weight at birth: 10lbs 14ozs
    Lowest weight: 9lbs 12ozs
    Weight now: 12lbs 14ozs
    Lenght: 62cms
    Feeding: Breastfeeding every 3hrs during day, 4 at night, 1hrly in the morning between 7 and 9.
    Pooing: grainy yellow
    problems: prolonged jaundice due to bf

Sam has been holding his head up from a week and now even does kind of push ups. my hv is not concerned. he has also started to feel things which suprised me and the hv as he is not supposed to be doing this til 12 weeks. he also holds his own body weight and 'stands' up if you hold him under the arms. i keep telling him he is too young but he doesn't listen lol
  • hiya!!

my midwife is coming on the 9th for my last visit and ive seen my hv a few times at clinic!

weight at birth: 9.2

lowest weigh: 8.12 3 days old

weight when last weighed: (which was this afternoon) 10.10!! 3 weeks old

length: was 53cm at a week old

head cicumference: birth....35cm 11 days.....37cm

feeding: breastfeeding about every 1 1/2 hours day and night!!! he is very greedy!!

pooing: every nappy has poo!! and is yellow!

problems: no problems except for a belly button infection but has cleared now

hope everyone is well

vikki xxxx
  • Hi girls

Sounds like everyoe is doing ok. My baby Bella is 3weeks and a day old today!! Its gone so quick!!!

Weight at birth: 8lbs 5oz
    Lowest weight: 8lbs 2oz
    Weight now: 10lb 4oz
    Length at birth: 57cm
    Head circ at birth: 36cm
    Feeding: Bottlefeeding, taking 3-4oz every 31/2 hours, two feeds in the night but I think she will drop the 3am one soon as she only takes 2oz.
    Pooing: Not as often as I'd like!!!!! She can go for two days!!! When she does go its sometimes green followed by yellow, apparently normal for bottlefed babies to not go as often.
    Any problems: Not really apart from a little bit of colic (maybe why she has green poo according to mw). Shes putting on loads of weight, which can't be a bad thing! She has also had a bit of sticky eye they are really watery.

Hope everyone is ok!

Lucy
    xx
  • Hello
    Charlie is almost 3 weeks - I can't believe it. After waiting and willing him to be born and each day seeming to drag, now they are whizzing by.

Weight at birth: 6lbs 13oz
    Lowest weight: 6lbs 6oz
    Weight now: 7lbs 8oz
    Length: Isn't measured officially but using the "how to" from the red book we measured him 54cm at 2.5 weeks (we were curious as when he was born he was described as long and skinny by the paediatrician and everyone keeps telling us he's long!)
    Head Circ at Birth: 33cm
    Feeding: Breastfeeding every 3 hrs during day, 1 feed at night approx 6 hours after going down to sleep, then goes back to sleep for 4 hours.
    Pooing: regularly, the colour of wholegrain mustard and liquid
    Any problems: Suffering from wind and reflux. It sometimes seems he's bought up his whole feed which is distressing (for me!) but he is still putting on weight just about on track, so hv has said not to worry too much. he also has some milk spots on his cheeks.
  • HIYA

I bad mother as have not had her weighed since she was about one week old. Time and things happening have just prevented it. I know she has gained as she has out grown tiny baby clothes.

Birth weight..5lb 7oz
    Length...........40cm
    HC.................30cm

She is feeding about 3 to 4 hourly sometimes every hour when she going through growth spurt. Nightly she does a 4 to 5 hour stint then its about every 2 hours till we get up. she has good times been awake looking around and smiling. She is gone 5 weeks and I cannot beleive it..want to rewind it all. Feel sad since she my last EVER!!!! She has problems with jaundice and she is windy with colic. Her poos are orange and runny. She does not do too many really as think she absorbs it all. She does about 2 big ones a day.. and I mean BIG..up the back jobs etc.. she loves been on mat with no nappy on.

I getting over mastitis and infection causing bleeding. Still bleeding though on and off...is anyone else???

d xx
    ps getting our 6 week check on Tues next week so will have up to date measurements etc................
  • hi my baby was due 9th april but decided to come 3 weeks early.
    birth weight = 8 pounds 12oz
    weight 6days= 8pounds 6oz
    weight now= 8pounds 9oz
    head circ= 36.5cm
    lenght= not done in this area

feeding= 3 oz every 3-4 hours, plus 1oz water inbetween feeds cause of constipation,

pooing= luke is very constipated hes only pooing once a day and its a tiny rock hard pebble so having to get water down him to try and soften it.

problems= cord still hasnt come off and is red and sore, constipated,

seeing health visitor tomorrow

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatabu20080322_-8_My+child+is.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatavi20040617_-8_My+child+is.png

• well done you....its scarey the first time you go out without support isnt it????

Amelia has gone from bad to worse. Her colic is terrible and she cries on and off from 4 ish till past midnight sometimes. lat 2 night have left me exhauted and with OH away and all the other kids I dont get chance to catch up during day. Annoying as now Charlie and Amelia are sleeping but Joseph is awake. he is 4 in few weeks so too young to leave him alone! If I try to sleep on sofa he comes and wakes me up to tell me I am asleep! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I am feeling rough as anything and very tearful. I resent OH even though he is working. he is stuck on land rig in Libya in a sand storm 800km from nearest town. Poor thing! All i can think though is ..yeah he may be in awful place but at least he CAN SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... I am going to express feeds so he can do some night ones as I running on empty now.
    Hope to get my high light done later today as my hair is my THING and if thats not right I get really down. I need day at beauty shop as I tint eyebrows and lashes (they are so fair you cant see them)and my legs are so hairy you could plait them! lol.
    Now the kids are back at school (yeah yeah yeah) I will have chance. Also, my trotters and hands need manicure and pedicure....minging is the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, thats my life at moment. Sad really isnt it???????
    d x
  • Hi nic
    What a handsome boy in his dino suit!!
    He looks a very happy and contented baby in that photo.
    elise is doing really well. She is so good at the moment. She is sleeping through the night and is feeding really well. Her weight is now just under 6lb and in the past week she has smiled at me twice ( no it wasn't wind or anything lol)
    it has been a long hard slog, but def worth it. She has 2 appointments this month. One to scan her hips and one to check if her heart valve has closed.
    she is now in newborn clothes and it's funny to think that in the beginning even prem clothes were too big.
    hope every one and their lo are fine.
    Maria x
  • Hey ladies,

Evie's now nearly 5 weeks old, can't believe it's gone so quick! We were transferred over to HV coupla weeks ago.

Birth weight was 8lb1/2oz
    Lowest weight was 7lb6oz
    Now weighs 9lb2oz (well, she did last week anyway, suspect it's a fair bit more now-guzzler that she is!)
    Got her on bottles cos I couldn't keep up with her demands!! She takes anywhere between 4-5oz every 4-5 hours and is a happy, settled little lady apart from 4-6pm every day when the dreaded colic strikes, thank God for infacol and gripe water!
    Full of a cold at mo so not sleeping that well but we'll get there again I'm sure.
    Bath, bottle and bed time now!

Zoe & Evie
    xx
  • Hi!

Daniel is 32 days old now! This is my first post in ages - just don't have time with a 1 month old, a 2 1/2 year old and a business to run!

Birth Weight - 8lb
    Lowest Weight - Birth Weight (he never lost any weight)
    Weight Now - 12lb 2oz
    Length - 55cm (at birth- not measured since)
    Feeding - Bf every three hours, day and night.
    Pooing - in every nappy!
    Any Problems - He gets very grumpy on an evening from about 8pm until midnight.

Love Rachel XXX
  • Hello everybody, great to hear how everybody is doing! I can't believe how quickly everything is going, Lucas is 4 weeks old on Thursday! We were signed off by midwife 2 days after being released from hospital, we were in there for 6 days in the end as Lucas had high levels of jaundice & had to be put under lights & billiemat for a couple of days in SCBU, and then monitored - was quite distressing, we were just being checked out by Paed ready for going home 3 days after birth, and she decided to do a quick heel-test, then he was whisked off!! We see the health visitor now.

Weight at birth: 7lbs 7oz
    Weight now: 8lb 10oz (weighed last Monday)
    Feeding: Bottlefeeding, taking about 4oz every 4 hours, 2 feeds at night, he just doesn't stop eating! does anyone else have this problem? I'm sure he could take about 6oz if we gave it to him, but I know he's not actually hungry, as he does throw up a little bit after each feed, the midwife told me that if their stomach is full this is what happens...
    Pooing: usually just once a day, yellowygreen and quite solid now
    Any problems: Not really apart from not settling all that well at night, takes about an hour to eventually get to sleep, and feeling that he could carry on eating for 24 hours! Really, really hates having his nappy changed!

Still haven't ventured out just the two of us, am a bit scared of how to organise ourselves!

xx

• Hey great choice of name! My Lucas is 18 days old and has put on 7oz this week!!!! He's now 8lbs 8!!! He has also been smiling the last few days dispite only being 2 weeks old and the HV confirmed it today!!! It wasn't windy smiles!!!
  • Lucas is a fab name isn't it!! How did you choose it? It just came into my head one day! Must be lovely when they first smile? I'm pretty sure Lucas has been smiling too, though haven't had it confirmed, so probably is wind!!
  • The HV said it was a social smile because it was in reaction to being talked to and tickled. She says that's how you tell the difference- the smile must be in response to something.

Same here for the name. One day I just thought about Lucas and I still don't know why. My hubby liked it coz he's a Star Wars fan and thought it was cool to name him after George Lucas!
  • HIya
    Amelia had her 6 week check and is now 9lb 2 oz... doing well though her eye still weepy and she still slightly suntanned!!!!!!!!!!

Got some vit drops and some infacol as only avial through doctor here.

She was 40cm and now 54, was HC 30cm now 36 !!!! She on 75 percentilie for everything after her slow start.

D xx
  • Hello there well it's been a long time since I posted, Lexi is 6 weeks old now - WOW time has flown........ thought I would update you.

Glad to read all your posts and your little one's are doing so well.

Weight at birth: 4bs 12oz
    Lowest weight: 4lbs 8oz
    Weight now: 8lbs 2 1/2oz - hungry wee munchkin - YEAH
    Lenght: 46cms at birth, 52 6 week check
    Feeding: Breastfeeding on demand - anything from hourly - 3 hours during day, approx 3hrs at night, oh I can't wait until she goes for 5 hours at night...... that will be fab !!
    Pooing: yup every nappy is like mustard with grainy bits.
    Any problems: So glad to report none - oh apart from slight nappy rash, I admit I did use wipes early on, but back to the good old fashioned cotton wool. She is a really good girl and I am so in love with her.

Take care of you and your LO's.

Lynne & Lexi x
  • hiya
    had harvey weighed today, last week he was 10.10, this week he is 11.5!!!! seems all i do is breastfeed and it shows!!!
    dee dee, amelia is now the same weight as harvey was when he was born, she must look really chubby to you now!! well done amelia and to all our little fatties who keep on piling on the pounds!!
    love vikki x
  • Sam hasn't had his six week check yet but he was measured and weighed today and you wont beleive how big he is
    height 62cm
    weight 14lbs 12ozs
    head circumference 39cm
    his height and weight are actually off the chart and above the 99.6 percentile. its a good job i have big boobs is all i can say lol