Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any babies born early

Hi,

I was supposed to be giving birth in two weeks time but Adam came 6 weeks early so I am now in the March club.

Anyone else have something similar?

Louisa x

Replies

• Amelia was born 5 weeks early. I had placenta previa and started to bleed at home so it was a dramatic dash to hosp and an emergency section as the risk of me bleeding to death very quickly or the baby suffering was very high. Luckily we were both fine and well. She needed day in incubator as she was cold and 48 hours of phototherapy but thats been it.
    How was yours???
    d xx
  • hi my baby wasnt as early as yours, luke came 3 weeks early as my waters broke so had to be induced cause of infection, im glad he came early tho as he was 8 pounds 12 oz and got stuck so when he finaly came out wasnt breathing it took 2 mins to get him to breath after some help, hes had a few probs since, hes having to have tests to make sure his heart murmer is not a problem, hoping that comes bk ok,
    glad you and your babys are ok xx
  • Adam was in Special Care to be fed as he was only 4 pounds 9 ounces. He was there for nearly 2 weeks until i establised breastfeeding then he was sent home. It was stressful at the time as I hated having to leave him but he is doing well now.

He was weighed on Weds and was 6 pounds 1. He had put on over a pound in 9 days. Apparently that is unheard of for such a small baby. The funniest bit was that i had got myself in a bit of a state as i thought he hadn't put on enough weight.