Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is/has anyone bf a 1 year old?

Hi. My son will be one next month and I'm still bf. I was just wondering if anyone uses different positions to hold their lo. Mine is getting rather heavy in the "baby" position. Any ideas?? image

[Modified by: yummy mummy738 on 07 February 2009 22:16:39 ]

Replies

• I have just figured out a new one. He actually sits beside me facing me and I sit squint as if I'm leaning towards him and he feeds off the side nearest to him. Hard to explain but works quite well!!! Like an adapted football hold I suppose.

[Modified by: Nicx & Lucas on February 07, 2009 10:43 PM]

• hi. amelia will be one on 26th feb. she is still teeny so baby position still works...
    I trying to give up but she has been really ill and the only thing she could keep down was my milk. soooo glad I BF her otherwise she would have been in hosp on a drip. its strange as she threw up water but could tolerate my milk..
  • Hi Yummy Mummy

I breast feed in the lying position on the bed where we both are on our sides and while he catches up with his sleep/ nap even I can nicely catch up on mine thats the best part of the sleeping position! this has helped my back not to strain a lot too...

xxx
    Bubbly
  • Dee dee, last time lucas was ill he told me just to bf and nothing else as baby will keep it down when they will keep nothing else. Its because its easier to digest.
  • Hmmmm, I'm not sure. I've tried all of these positions and none are really comfy? Its not like he's massive, he's 20lbs but I'm very skinny on my arms. We tried him sat over me facing me but it wasn't great.. I don't know!!!! :\(
  • im still feeding freya she wil be 1 next month we still find the baby position fine for us. although when we are in bed in the morning if im lying on my back she just drapes herself over me and helps her self. x