Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My guilt made worse by his clinginess!

Since going back to work Lucas has been so clingy with me. As soon as I get home all he wants is booby and he won't let me put him down! It's just making me feel worse about leaving him. And now hes had 2 days of mummy I'm worried that tomorrow is just going to confuse him! Anyone else back fulltime yet? It's so depressing!

Replies

• Can understand Nick image

lots of hugs to you both.....

xx
    Bubbly
  • Typical lara!!! I know that ultimately I have to work but it doesnt make me feel any better. Theres something to be said for our mums/grans generations where the mums stayed at home!
  • I go back in just over a week, just one day a week til October. I left Aimee on Saturday for a few hours and she was better than I expected with Dp, but started playing up just before I got home. Tho I will be at work at lot longer than I was out Saturday! Shes ok with him until she starts to cry then he cant soothe her she wants me!!
    I would love to quit work and child mind, but its just not like it used to be, with all the health and safety rubbish. These days if someone left a child with you and they fell and grazed their leg the parents would sue you!!
  • Lindsay- don't get me wrong i love my job and i do want to be back its just i think 5 days is a bit much. don't let me put you off going back. there is a hard balance to get when youre a working parent and ill get there eventually.
  • I do feel for you both Nic and Lara. I would find 5 days a week really tough as well.

I'm with Lins though. A part of me is really looking forward to going back to work but my circumstances are different. I'm going back Mon to Wed which is cool (although the hours will be quite long).

I say this now. I'm not going back until Jan so I'll probably feel differently about things by then!

Can either of you reduce your days? You could always get up the duff again!! Ha, ha.....
  • hugs hun 5 days a week must be really hard. im going back in nov but i only do 1 morning 2 evenings and every other weekend. he will get used to being left my dd 1 did i went back 3 days a week when she was 5 months and she was fine, actualy she coped alot better than i did. x