Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Hello! (also a question about milk)

Hi, I'm new to the website. I'm 28 and I have a baby girl called Isabelle who was born at 36 weeks on the 12th March. She was fine, just impatient!! I was also supposed to be moving house the day she was born! She's just started properly on 3 meals a day and I was wondering how much milk other babies her age take? She just doesn't seem interested any more. She'll have at best about 13oz a day, and wakes in the night for 3oz, which really doesn't seem enough to me.

Replies

• Welcome Claire! I can't help with the milk qu as I'm bf-ing. But I'm sure Samuel is having a lot less now he's on 3 meals.

On the date front, our babies share the same birthday! Samuel was born at 4.20am on 12th March. When was Isabelle born?

Jo x
  • Hi there!

I think once they're on 3 meals its supposed to be around 21oz? I'm not sure how much Lucas gets coz he gets 2 7oz bottles (can leave 2oz regularly) and 2 breastfeeds.
  • She was born at 12.09pm, after a 3 1/4 hour labour, only had time for gas and air. I was glad though, didn't really want anything else, but was fully expecting to need everything!
  • Hi and welcome. My daughter, also Isabelle was born on the 1st April, but should have been a March baby.
    Isabelle is taking 3 meals a day and still has 4x 6oz bottles. I think she just likes her food image
  • Hi

I was wondering too as to how much Nick should be really taking. He is on 3 meals a day and takes 2 x 5oz EBM bottles and around 3 times breast fed. I do feel he is taking in less amount of milk. What am doing now is give him EBM/ Breast feed him first then mix the remaining EBM or an oz or 2 of EBM with his cereal/ rice/ veg which he usually gulps down after his feeds. Which means he is hungry but doesn't want to drink milk if not given with his solids! But in this manner he is atleast taking some more amount of milk!

xxx
    Bubbly
  • Hi Claire & Isabelle- welcome to our mad forum! No we're all very nice really image
    Ellie isn't yet 6 months (30th September) so she is still only bottle feeding & I am petrified of her taking spoon feeds as the recommended amount of milk per day between 6-10 months is 20oz. Like you I worry that she doesn't get enough but HV has assured me that she is growing & in proportion (carrying along the 9th centile) so not to fret over her. If possible use their milk in your cooking so if your giving her baby rice make it with the formula & if your making a creamy cheese sauce add some milk. Annabel Karmel's recipe book is great for hints & tips.
    Good luck!
    Lauren xx
  • freys seems to be the other way round tomost of the babies on here she would much rather have her milk than food. she has 4 bf a day and 1 or 2 at night, she is getting a bit better with solids she is on 3 meals but only small ones and some times like this morning she refuses to eat any thing. but we are getting there slowly. x
  • Hi Flickaty Aimee is totally the same. Shes only on 2 meals a day, despite that ive wesned her for 5 weeks now. She has cow and gate cereal for breakie but only a few mouth fulls then wants her bottle. Then has 1 stage 1 jar at 5pm and a yogurt if im lucky. She just wants bottle, then when i give it her shes too fussy to sit and drink it so only has 4oz!!
    Shes never really had a buig appitite tho.
    Im going to introduce lunch soon but dont know what to offer??
  • hi and welcome. i had a little boy Samuel who was supposed to be a march baby but was impatient to and was born 26th feb
    Sam has 3 meals a day but definately still wants his breast milk. the recommend about a pint a day roughly
  • Thanks everyone, thankfully she is good with solids (so far!) and really loves yogurts and fruit. I've added some milk to her meals today, so shes had a few extra ounces image
  • My HV suggested giving Ellie her bottles while she is sitting in her vibrating chair & it worked!
    The reason for this is because I am anxious as to how much she is going to take then she can sense it from my body (or some kerfuffle like that) so I thought well i'll give it a go & 8times out of 10 it works & she takes all of the bottle!
    This might help some of you xx
  • I'll give it a go! Thanks.