Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Ricechristy

It is a long story about vodafone (and it is a complaint) sorry hate to moan but below is what happened basically and just wnadered if i should complain or just leave it?

When Erin was 5 days old someone (who i have now learned sells vodafone products but doesn't work for them direct) rang me to set up a second phone line with them, even though i said no several times i ended up saying yes. I didn't need it but at the time they called i was in bed with group b strep infection, i basically wanted him to get off the phone. Anyway my sister found out and rang on behalf and cancelled the contract they said they were going to collect the second phone on a certain day and the contract was cancelled, on that day i ended up having to go to the hospital for antibiotics as had high temps etc. Therefore vodafone couldn't collect the phone. I then rang back about a month later tbh i forgot all about this brand new phone sat in my cupboard with a new sim card unregistered but realised on my bill that they were still taking 2 line rentals the women i spoke to said it would be fine to arrange a new date for collection but that she could not authorize it and all the team leaders were in a meeting and she said some would call me back at a later date. I put it to the back of my mind and i never open my bills or check my account naughty i know but its just the way i am and what with settling into being a new mum i didn't really think about the phone until a couple of months later and i took it to a vodafone shop and explained what had happened and they said they would accept the returned phone because they could see i had tried to cancel it on several occasions but i would have to prove Erin's date of birth in order for them to know it wasn't an excuse Erin was with me at the time so it seemed ridiculous but anyways i did it and produced her birth certificate the next day. then customer services said well you weren't having the baby when we tried to collect the phone so why didn't you answer the door i explained AGAIN i had to go to hospital and they said i would need to come back with a doctors letter to prove this, at which point i just broke down in tears i had wasted 120 pound on a phone i never wanted in the first place, they could see it was all in the packaging but yet still wouldn't allow me to cancel the line rental and return the phone. I didn't ask for a refund on any line rental i had paid i just wanted them to stop taking the money from my account and return the unused phone the sim card hadn't even been broken out of the case it was in. I then had to get a GP letter and take it to them and finally they took the phone back and said the contract was cancelled.

last month i didn't get paid from work (another long boring story i won't go there) i am incredible lucky and embarassed that my mum bailed us out and paid my half of the mortgage but we got into arreas on council tax, e-on, bt, RCN, etc etc because there just isn't any money so i have lots of charges due which i was shocked at because we have an overdraft for this sort of thing. So i looked at my account last month and vodafone have taken 450 pound from my account because i cancelled the contract mid term and there was still 12months to pay so they took a lump sum. they paid the 450 pound back now, but just wandered if i still have ground for complaint about the whole thing or whether its just my fault for not saying no in the first place.

I kind of copied and pasted the above with a few alterations from a post a while ago on baby, so hope it makes sense, just want to reiterate i don't usually moan about anything so don't really know how to complain or whether its worth it. I am stupid for saying yes and stupid for not checking my bills and account so not sure its worth it, thanks for reading a said it was long :lol:

Replies

• i would say yes i would complain. i would send it in writing to head office. although put it off probably didnt help i think that the customer service you recieved from store and phone was shocking. i would ask for your bank charges as they should have informed you about them. one thing i would say is dont let it lie if you dont get a satisfactory response then escalate it further. if you still dont get a satisfactory response let me know as i have a contact in customer relations

there address is Vodafone House,
    The Connection
    Newbury, Berkshire
    RG14 2FN

put the full story in including any phone calls/visits to the shop/costs incurred.

hope this helps
  • yes it helps a lot thank you xx