Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

anyone thinking of having another?

Hi girls

Are any of you thinking of having your next one yet? I cant wait to be pregnant again and always wanted mine close together! think im going to wait and see how jay is after christmas though when we put him in his own room and everything. (yes he still sleeps in my room :roll: ) He is just about starting to play on his own a bit now so its not as bad as it was when he wanted tobe picked up ALL the time lol.

I know one woman was pregnant again form this forum but has there been any others?

charlie x

Replies

• Hi Charlie,

It's so weird that you should post this as I was wondering if any of the March lot were thinking about having another soon!!

I would LOVE another one! I would be petrified of the birth again but would love to have another one. I want them close together as have seen my friends have 4 or 5 years apart and they seem to be back to square one and will have to retrain again when it's time togo back to work etc.

My hubby is in Iraq at the moment but home at Christmas for 2 weeks so you never know we could have an Iraq R and R baby! Lol! If not then he's home for good in April, so will pounce on him then!

I must be mad! xxx
  • I admire any of you who are thinking of having any more babies, but the answer from me is a big no!!
    I think if I was 10 yrs younger, had more money and support from family, then maybe yes but at 38 I am happy with my little miracle Isabelle. I waited a long time for her and I want to cherish every moment I have with her (without spoiling her) and give her all the things I didn't have.
    To have another baby I would need to get a sex drive back. I have none at all, which is unusual as it was always quite high before Isabelle. Is this normal after a baby? I think oh and I need some us time together. At the moment it feels like 2 good friends sharing childcare and household bills at times. We are both so tired in the evenings that I think we tend to neglect each other.
    I loved the way being pregnant made me feel. I think I felt the best physically and mentally whilst pregnant than I had for years. I would like that feeling again.
    I think gemsie was pregnant again, but have not seen her on here for a while.
    Good luck to all those trying again.
    Mary xx
  • we would love another one....OH would have one now!! im a bit more dubious (sp)....we are getting married next year so think thats priority...but also lik Amy....im terrified of the whole birth thing again............labour was fantastic but the aftermath was not a good time!! I was scared i was going to die then and i think i would worry myself silly that it would all happen again!!

but watch this space...maybe we will have a honeymoon baby xx
  • hiya girls

atleast im not the only crazy march mummy lol! Fairy mary i think its all to fo with tiredness aswell because i dunno about you lot but im NEVER in the mood if i tired, and at the moment im always tired lol! We used to have intercourse probably atleast 5 times a week but now its more like once..... if he's lucky lol!

We dont get alot of time to be together alone other than if baby jay stays at his one of his nannys house so i think its natural at this age not to have a really high sex drive.

Del im so jealous, i would love to be planning my wedding! My oh doen't want to get married but maybe he will change his mind, we have plenty of time as we are both only 21.

Amy i would be nervous about the labour aswell, as i was in slow labour for 74hours! thought it would never end lol. But in a funny sort of way i cant wait for that bit aswell as its the most amazing moment, just hope things speed up for my next one!Good luck for christmas anyway, they say its a magical time.;\) lol

charlie x

• ah 21...you have loads of time...look at me sounding all old.....lol....i will be hitting the big 27 on monday!!! searching for the grey hairs already....and ive just recently bought anti-wrinkle cream...thought its best to start early ha ha xx
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

d x
  • No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no,no definitely not NO!
    Too young for another one & too much stress oh & the fact that you unfortunately need some sperm that might stick around would be another factor!
    I was so depressed after birth & her birth was awful so it has petrified me & I don't know if I could do it again! I am very very broody though but then I remember the crying/wailing/colicky baby I had & say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! xx
  • I would love another one but im just about to start a new job.We are off to Oz in jan for 6 weeks and america in july so maybe after this, i woould like them close together also but also want Luke to get all my attention at the min.xxx
  • yes definately want another. i think i would have started trying but still have no periods so dont think it will happen until my body gets back to normal. Sam wasn't planned so i would need to convince my oh to have another
  • sorry, meant to elaborate a bit more but amelia kept pressing buttons.

I have 5 and fee very lucky.

Good luck all those trying or thinking of trying

d xxxx
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

d x

Here Here!!!!!!!! Completely understand why there are so many 'o's on that!

xx
  • Not a snowballs chance in hell!! More than happy with our 2 little angels thankyou very much. Good luck to anyone who is thinking of having another.
  • Noooooooooooooope, hopefully one day, but not anytime soon !

Loving being a mum but need some sleeeeep, oh and you have to have sex to have another right, big sign of relief oh well I will be okay then lol x
  • I am going to try around Lucas' 2nd Birthday I think. Need a new house first!
  • Yes but not for a while. Keep having bouts of being broody but then common sense kicks in! or is that my hubby lol! Couldn't cope with 3 under school age! We've agreed on one more but want to wait until our eldest is settled at school and Olivia is about 3/4 so she gets some one on one time too.

Good luck to all those trying! Damn goes that broodiness again! :roll:
    xxx

[Modified by: clairep1 on October 29, 2008 11:33 PM]

• We agreed to try again next Christmas (that's 2009), although Samuel has been really good lately and all those sleepless nights and colicy memories drift away a bit don't they?

So I've been thinking another spring baby would be nice which would mean trying again in early summer. I don't want less than a 2 year gap. Would still love to have 3 children x
  • Definitely, I loved being pregnant.

Putting me off it is......................

Would have to have sex...........
    Rapidly approaching 39, should i really do it again (sooooo old)
    Thought of swollen ankles and feet again
    2lbs off pre baby weight (roll on 8st 12)
    My boobs are so yukky and hangy that the thought of them being even worse is unbearable - roll on boob job
    I have 3 lovely girls - should be grateful and call it quits at that

Mmmmm well maybe not.
    Probs will though. image
    Debsxx
  • trying now cant wait for another x