Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

2 year update

i ladies now that our little ones are turning 2 i thought that i would be nice to have an update on them.

freya is a real maddam at the moment, she is a real tantrum queen but also has a very sweet and caring side to her nature.

so here is how freya is doing:

height: 82 cm

weight: about 24lb ish dont know exactly

Speach: brilliant speach (well i think so any way), talks in sentances has a huge vocab not a clue how many words far to many to count. Can count to 10 and sing and do the actions to lots of differnt rhyms and songs, her favoite is incy wincy spider at the mo she has also develoed a bit of a thing about them!

Favorite food: chocolate and cheese, but not at the same time, lol.

Favorite activity: Not sure really as she has so many htings she likes doing, she love drawing dancing palying board games, playing with her sister and climbing up on phoebes bunk bed!

Favorite toy: still any thing baby related, we got her baby maddie for her birthday and she absolutely loves it!

Potty training: dry day and night! woohoo

favorite book: any thing lift the flap, we have spot wybaloo and several other, she love sthem all.

She is a very social little girl she loves her little friends and going to play with them, we have also started toddler dancing which she absolutely loves!!

Any way that is my little lady, would be lovely to hear how or your little darlings are getting on. image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Modified by: flickaty on 20 March 2010 19:43:44 ]

[Modified by: flickaty on 21 March 2010 17:01:44 ]

Replies

• Height: 87 cm

Weight: when in hospital he was 12.1kg whatever that is!

Speech: He says car a lot! He as a few words like bubbles, cat, kiss, Pooh, pee pee, shoe. Other things are hit or miss. Recently he has been trying to say sock but its coming out more like coch (ch as in the scottish way of saying it like loch).

Favorite food: tomato pasta and crisps

Favorite activity: Running around outside! He loves playing with balls and chasing the cat.

Favorite toy: cars, trains, trucks...infact anything with wheels!

He's such a good boy. He's off the bottles, boob, dummy and bedtime drink. Just potty training to go! Eek!

[Modified by: Lemon Cupcake on March 20, 2010 11:51 PM]

• HI

Amelia Mae...

Bad mum alert...NO idea on height or weight as not been for ages and ages... slap wrist.....

Fav food... pasta, pasta and pasta. Loves weetabix, white choc buttons, banana and crisps.

Speech.... not amazing but not bad either. She says far too much to recall. Talks in sentences, can have a conversation. I understand most of it but others might not. Says wee wee. poo poo. Knows all names of family, basic colours and asks all the time..what colour that...
    counts to 10 but puts six in twice...!!!!!!!! loves singing and dancing.

Fav toys....dollies, she had baby maddie too and the pram and crib. She puts her on the potty and says...good girl maddy... ha ha h

Books/tv... ITNG, Waybuloo, anything lift and look, Thats not my..... dolly, fairy etc..

Sleep...I had to put this in as for the first time EVER in over 2 yrs she slept ALL night...YES ALL nights. I am in shock.

Still feeds from me a few times, bedtime and aft naptime! I must stop before she is like Little Britian and asking for bitty!!!!

She loves to play with her brothers, on the trampoline, at play groups etc. She is a socialable thing but loves her own time too to play alone. She has started doing something that scares me silly. If she falls over or something like that she cries but does not breath for ages. She goes purple and blue. I asked the Dr about it and he said its common and no child has ever died frm it as they naturally take a breath eventually. Little tantrum miss!!!!!!

Lovely to hear how they are all doing..

here is a pic..

[Modified by: dee dee on March 21, 2010 06:03 AM]

• lovely to hear that all our little ones are getting so well!!!

Dee amelia is beautiful, freya has that dress she got it for her birthday i think that it so cute, amelia certainly looks lovely in it.

Thought that i would post a pic too, here is freya dressed as upsy daisy on her birthday.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/flickaty22/029.jpg

[Modified by: flickaty on March 21, 2010 05:20 PM]

• I just love this pic. She is sooo cute. She and Amelia have always looked a bit similar havent they! Amelia saw this pic and went mental. She just loves Upsa Daisy and she thought Freya had stolen her baby as she has the same doll and crib. lol

Amelia has certainly come into her own. She was such a scrawny baby and then had no hair for ages.

This is her as new born... so skinny !
    http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v182/46/21/568463715/n568463715_489612_8118.jpg

• those nappies were for early babies and still were far too big. Awwww i want another one when i see these pics...
  • aww she looks sooo cute in tht pic! she is just so tiny seeing it makes me want another one too, mind you most things make me want another one i am soo broody, have to keep telling myslef no no no.

Amelia and freya are quite similar, i bet they would make great little friends if they every met.
    Feya wasnt all that tiny as a new born though, she was 8lb born but only 48cm long so she was a little chubby thing!!

thought that i would add a new born pic too, here she is at a few days old.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/flickaty22/0192.jpg

• flippin heck, I have gone all teary seeing that pic. She is so cute! I just love the look of newborns
    d x
  • Great post! Lovely to hear al l your updates and fab to see pix of the gorgeous girls!

height: about average I reckon - although shorter than a lot of his boy mates much to the disappointment of my 6'3'' husband who just assumed he'd spawn a giant! That's what you can end up with when you marry a 5'3 shortie like me!

weight: no idea either - how does everyone else know? We haven't had this checked since 18 months. Samuel is quite chunky so about average again probs.

Speech: really funny - he's come on leaps and bounds in the last month and strings several words together now. His vocab seems to have exploded and he can sing a chorus or a line in songs now. Counts different numbers in Welsh and English but never really in the right order!

Favourite food: too many to list! Fish, ham, eggs, potatoes, dried apricots, kiwi, mango, cake and spaghetti bolognaise - which was bizarrely one of my cravings when pg with him. Coincidence maybe?? He calls birthday cake "Happy Cake" which is just the cutest thing.

Favourite activity: he's a big daredevil - anything very physical. Loves drawing and footballs too. I don't want to sound like a precious mother, but some of his drawings are really, really good for his age. He really concentrates on drawing different things.

Great in the water too - little Piscean Water Baby!

Favourite toy: Happyland railway set / Ollie his snuggle which we take everywhere / cars

Potty training: not yet. Will have a think in June after our hols. I ask if he wants to go on his potty at bathtime / changing times and he nearly always says "no potty" so we'll def still be a while I think. As the new baby is due in Sept, I can see us postponing PT until after Christmas.

Favourite book / TV: Absolutely ADORES Roary the Racing Car at the mo. Loves the Usborne books that we have - all the family ones and Farmyward Tales. Would highly recommend them.

x x x
  • sounds like he is coming along really well Jo.

Iove Roary the Racing Car too...

Happy Cake... that is sooo lovely. All cake should be called that from now on.

2 languages...wow! clever boy.

Had to laugh about his height and your OH. Mind you Christopher was a tot and now is nearly 6ft!!!

dxxx
  • Hey everyone,

Haven't been on in AGES!

Ellie is also the tantrum queen, she throws herself on the floor & kicks & scream but I either laugh & tell her to get over herself or tell her off dependent on what she is giving off about!

Her speech is fantastic (i think so lol) she has a great range of vocabulary & she has got to the point where she repeats everything you say but its very clear! She can count to ten but her favourite numbers are 9649 & she runs about saying it over & over.

It was her bday on tuesday & she spent the day saying 'my happy day, me?, yeah!' & every time she sees her cards & the pressies she got she says ooooh my happy day!

She is a real outdoor child & hasn't got much interest in TV but she still likes ITNG, mickey mouse clubhouse is a new favourite & big cook, little cook. She loves bouncing on the trampoline, playing in her car & playing with cars, babies & prams. Again she is a water baby & loves swimming & hasn't got a problem with getting water in her face or up her nose- she seems to almost enjoy it lol. She is her mother's daughter!

She loves choosing her own clothes & when we are out shopping she says 'ooooh mummy thas nicccce, me for me, yeah?' which is the cutest thing! Also loves running about with her hand bag so i've had to give her my small Guess bag because I bought her a me2you one & she looked at it in disgust!

In regards to potty training I haven't made any attempt at this yet but Ellie comes to me with her nappy off & puts the seat thing on the toilet & clambors up, she'll do a tiny piddle or have some wind & be deeeeelighted with herself. Going to potty train in the summer when she can have more freedom!

Her weight is about 19lb ish & she still wearing 9-12 month trousers & some 12-18 months on top but mainly 9-12 months. Not sure about her height but she is tall enough & skinny!

Hope everyone is well.
    I am going to try & attach a pic from her bday party.
    Take care,

Lauren & Ellie xxxxxxx
  • aww she is gorgeous!! she has lovely hair. freyas like chloes is just like fluff and totaly untamable!!! xxx
  • Love the pic Lauren! She's an angel.

Thanks for humouring me Dee image The height thing is quite funny. I think it will become "Happy Cake" in our house for the time being. So adorable. Esp as he says it in a quasi Italian/Greek accent that slightly reminds me of the Harry Enfield character Stavros. Don't ask where his continental influence has come from!!