Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Should i wean or introduce formula first?

Morning ladies. I'm in a bit of a pickle and would appreciate some advice image

Ok Olivia is being exclusively BF and is 5 months next week. However, once again she is back to waking 2 or 3 times during the night and will only go back off if i feed her. She is very much taking an interest in what we're eating and has been for a while - her little legs go like the crazy frog when she sees us! :lol:

My plan has always been to exclusively BF until 6 months at which point i would then introduce baby rice and formula.

Do you think we should carry on as we are until we get to 6 months? If not, is it better to introduce formula or solids first?

She seems happy & content from say 6am till 5pm but then from 5pm till 6am she is pretty unsettled.

Sorry for the long post. Feeling like a zombie so not sure if i've even made any sense!!! image

xxx

Replies

• Well done for still exclusively bfing! I say go for weaning and leave te formula alone. She's more than the minimum age now for weaning so I wouldn't worry it was a month early! Formula is expensive, stinky, makes horrible poo and sick too so stick with boobie :d
  • Thanks for the replies ladies.

Had some baby rice delivered with my shopping tonight so am going to wait until the weekend & if still no improvement give it a go! Gonna go and do some serious weaning research now as i've forgotten what i did with Abigail 3 years ago! x
  • Good luck. hopefully you will have some quiet nites once you start. Sam is like Henry in the fact that if i even show him formula he thinks im trying to poison him but seems to really like food