Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can anyone offer advice - poorly baby...

Hi all!!
Hope everyone is ok.
Aimee has her first cough and cold :\( Doesnt seem too bothered about it but keeps sneezing and is all bunged up. Shes slept normal times today.
Just wondering do i need to give her anything for it or just treat it like when we have them and only if shes upset?
Even tho its been boiling here, she still sleeps in her vest and sleeping bag, shes cold otherwise, so should i put her in this tonight or something warmer? Sorry if they are daft questions but shes not been ill before!!
Ive checked her temp and its 34 so not too bad.
Cheers x

Replies

• And i forgot to say she has her 3rd lot of injections Fri will they still let her have them do you think??
  • aww pooor aimee its horrible when tey are ill. its always better to be cooler at night rather than to hot. if she is ok i would just let it run its course but if you are worried just sp[eak to your hv. they should still do the injections
  • Amelia the same. she happy enough tho her temp is about 37 tonight. She has cough and snotty nose.

I just making sure she drinks lots to keep her hydrated and kept her quiet and indoors today.

she sleeps in long sleeved vest with 1 tog sleep bag. Our room says 21 with the aircon on so that seems OK. she gets cold arms if I put her in just a vest.

Hope Aimee Ok soon. they may delay inj if she not ok by then.

d xxx
  • try sitting in a stemy bathroom with baby to clear the nose may help lo to sleep better as for the jabs it is very unlikely that lo will be able to have them Phoebe was snuffly when her 2nd lot of jabs was due and we had to put them off for an extra week x x
  • Hope Phoebe is feeling better now. Isabelle had her 3rd lot of Jabs on Monday so I will be thinking of you both tomorrow.
    Hugs to you both,
    Mary xx
  • Cheers for the advice, good one about the steamy room ill try that later!!
    Shes doing well, its not stopped her sleeping thru or anything, but both me and oh have it now!!
    I hope she can have her jabs fri, oh booked the weekend off work so hes here for support if shes bad, as i dont drive. So if she has to delay them til next week ill have to walk back from the docs which is a 40min walk, not good if she kicks off!! xx