Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sharing weaning recepies which lil ones like

Also a topic pastede in baby forum...

Hello all

I find it so difficult to make new recepies everyday and lil one already seems bored with the ones am preparing. I just thought why not share recepies that our lil ones are eating.

Today I boiled and blended some peas with yellow lentil and gave it to lo with his usual baby rice. And he gulped it down after so many days of trials to get food down his throat. Annabel Carmels book suggests some hours of complicated recepies and not sure whether baby will like it or the food will be spurted on my face (happened a couple of times) so I have stopped following her image

Just inviting you all to share some baby favourite recepies

Thanks
xxx
Bubbly

Replies

• Options
    We just mash some of our food for Lexi now, her favourite at the moment is mince and tatties and lentil soup, but watch out for the trumpet bum, sooooo funny x ps: she did not like spag baws we try again soon though.

I also gave her butterscotch angel delight as she was not taking any milk during the day, so just to keep her milk intake up and she loved it, bad mummy I know x
  • Options
    Lucas like chicken and rice in tomato sauce with a splash of apple juice added image
  • Options
    Great idea for a post!

Samuel isn't fond of spaghetti bolognaise at the mo either but here are some real winners:

- leek and potato puree
    - pork with apple sauce and mash potato
    - cod with cheese sauce plus spinach and spuds
    - chicken with parsnips and peas
    - mango (with anything - it's his fave fruit).

Jo x
  • Options
    my daughters faves are:

Fish pie:Salmon, brocolli, potatoes and peas cooked in milk
    Chicken casserole: Chicken, butternut squash and dried apricots
    Pork Casserole: Pork, sweet potato, spinach, prunes

Her homemade babyfood is so good I have started mixing it with stock and having it myself as soup!

Amanda
  • Options
    Hi

I would like to make risotto or cauliflower bake with cheese... just wondering what kind of cheese should I buy for lo and from where?

thanks
    xxx
    Bubbly