Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lucas is sick!

Since lunchtime yesterday he has vomited most of his meals but not his milk feeds (did vomit one milk feed but it is mostly solids). He only manages 2 spoonfuls before he vomits. It's is weird. Been to the doctor and told just to keep him hydrated and said to stick ot bfing but if I give a bottle ot water it down. Does anyone know how much I should be watering it down? I can't find any info!

Replies

• Options
    im not sure hun, just wanted to say that o hope that lucas feels better soon. x
  • Options
    I'm sorry lucas is sick hun. i think its just really important that he is well hydrated. i hope things improve soon its so worrying when they are ill hugs to you xx
  • Options
    Now I'm sick too! Obviously a bug...bloody annoying! Thhis afternoon I was lying on the sofa not able to get up without feeling giddy and sick and there was lucas rolling on the floor in his own sick. I had to get my mum round to help!
  • Options
    Ahh my thoughts and hugs go out to you. Isabelle and I have both just had a diarrhoea and vomiting bug. It has taken about a week fro Isabelle to recover. Her appetite is still not what it was, but I think she has more teeth coming.
    It really hit home to me that I was on my own now. As you know my oh left the week before Christmas. He was meant to be looking after Isabelle the day I got sent hme sick from work and he refused to have her as he did not want to get it, so I had to look after the both of us.
    Hope you both get well soon. Isabelle had boiled water and some rice cakes for a few days only.
    Mary xx
  • Options
    That must have been hard Mary. Imagine not taking his own daughter! Whqat would he have done if he still lived with you? Grr! I experienced what it was like being sick and trying to look after Lucas and I had to phone my mum for help coz I couldn't do it. Hats off to you if you managed it on your own.
  • Options
    Oh Nic & Mary I hope you both & babies are better now. It's awful being a lone & being sick but that which does not kill us only makes us stronger...or so i'm told image xx
  • Options
    First day with no sick to be seen! Great!!! Hope everyone else is ok.
  • Options
    Lol! Now it's daddy's turn!!! Typical!
  • Options
    hi
    glad he is doing better. It goes round the house like wildfire doenst it????

d xx
  • Options
    Yup! My bro has it now too so I'm told.