Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Whimpering at the breast?

Does any of your LO's just randomly give a little whimpery cry during breastfeeding for a min then continue eating? Lucas does it a lot. I have no idea why he does it. DO you thin it's wind? He quite often cried when coming off the breast now too even tho he has come off himself. I always check to see if there's milk just incase I've run out and there's always plenty there.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Hi Nic! Daniel is the same. Think a lot of the time it's wind. Sometimes he cries when he comes off the breast just cos he's tired, but mostly cos his tummy is rumbling. I can hear the trapped wind inside him. I also think that sometimes the milk comes to fast for him, so he whimpers a lot then!
    Love Rachel XXX
  • I heard infant gaviscon has to be put into a bottle so you cant use it with BF. I have thought he had a bit or reflux but have never been sure.
  • Olivia was prescribed infant gaviscon and i am breastfeeding. You just mix it with a tiny bit of cooled boiled water and give it with a spoon x
  • Thats good to know! Thanks!