Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Amelias hospital visit!!!

Hi, not sure if any of you read my thread to Ricechristy about Amelia and possible clicky hip..Well I took her this morning to see the consultant. he looked at notes and said 'why did you not bring her to her 6 and 9 month check as I can cleary see by notes that clicky hip was diagnosed at 6 week and 12 week check'

I was gobsmacked as nobody told me any of this. By now I was feeling really sick as at this age the treatment for clicky hip is so awful. As she is crawling and walking around furniture it would be so hard to have both legs in a cast for up to 4 months.

He examined her and his initial thoughts were that all was fine. We went off for ultra sound. She was wriggling around so it was hard to do but he said the ball and socket joint looked really good. I was so releived I nearly passed out.

Went back to consultants room and he examined her again and all looks really good. He was more concerned over her weight.... She is on the 2nd centile and that is going back 5 weeks. Her true age puts her off the graph!!! She was
7.2kg
44 head circ
72 length

length and head are OK..25th centile.
Have to feed her up on egg yolk!!!!????? lots of vitamin and iron drops and a diet sheet he gave me.

Recommends

Breakfast
one weetabix or similar with milk
egg yolk with toast soilders

Lunch
fish with veg
mashed banana and some apple

Dinner
meat and veg
yoghurt or fruit puree

snacks...
cheese on toast cut into managable pieces
grated cheese
yogs

will have to try hard to get her weight up.....:\(

d xxx

Replies

• I think its not so much her wieght...its more the drop from 25th to 2nd that concerns him. Like you said tho..she can only eat what she can eat. Think i need to stop night time feeds as my milk not really giving her much any more and she is not hungry enough during the day as she has a belly full of milk!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! by the way!! Small build!!! I must only post really flattering pics!!! I was small as a baby tho. I remember doing this chart in maths when I was about 8 and i was smallest weight and height wise in the class out of the girls. Andrew was a teeny too. He was only 6lbs full term and was so skinny as a kid he looked starved. When I met him he was slim and always has been. he has a beer belly these days but he has never been overweight as such. I on the other hand need to seriously lose weight... I actually have a large frame...size feet etc ... normal gloves never fit me either! I have arms like an irish navvy!!!!A jelly belly and hamster cheeks...other than that I am fine LOL

d xxx
  • what a shock its awful that they have never4 mentioned it to you, i would make a complaint!! but glad that she is ok and wont have to go through the procedures to put them right.

yuo acant force a baby to eat more than they will. freya doesnt have the biggest appetite ever like amelia she fills up on milk at night! but her weight is ok she has always been on a higher centile for her wieght than height, so really shes a bit of a porker. but as long as amelia is happy and active then there isnt any ting wrong she is just destind to be dainty. xxx
  • Oh no Dee how awful they didn't tell you before. At least she doesn't have to have any invasive treatment i suppose but they still should have let you know.

I'm sure her weight is fine. She's just a little dainty bless her. I wish someone would tell me i need to eat more! I'd snap the chocolate bars out of their hands! :lol: This new year diet is driving me crazy already lol! xx
  • i think he looked at me and thought.....mum is probably eating so much crap that the breastmilk is rubbish!!!
  • I can't believe no-one had told you previously that terrible. I hope the weight thing gets sorted, but like Lara siad if she's happy and healthy whch she looks like she is in her photos then i doubt you need to worry too much but hopefully the new diet will help.

• Oh Dee... Haven't been on much recently so i'm only seeing this post hence the late reply.

That's disgraceful that no one told you & that the doctor made you feel as bad as he did. I can see why he is conerned with her dropping centile's but I can completely appreciate where your coming from on the she can only eat what she can manage front because I am struggling with Ellie as usual!

Thank goodness that it all looks good & fingers crossed if you can stop the night feeds then she'll be built up in no time! xxx