Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First shoes!

Yay, I'm so happy, Finally at the ripe old age of 16 and a half months Evie's walking enough to actually need shoes-woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
She took first steps last week and walked the entire length of the house yesterday so we tootled off to Clarks today and she is now the proud owner of a lovely pair of pink shoes in a 4 1/2 H. OH is gutted that he now has 2 ladies to shoe!!!!!!!image

Xx

Replies

• Options
    lol awww! Lucas isnt walking enough for proper shoes yet. still wearing cruisers, otherwise he slides on the laminate flooring!!!
  • Options
    Wohoooo! My Lexi is now a proper shoeaholic, daddy is not impressed either, he wll need to being doing some overtime soon ha ha xxxx
  • Options
    yay!! well done evie, im really sad and love buying shoes for the girls more than i i do for myself! i have to get phoebe her first pair of school shoes in a couple of weeks, which is really scarey!!! freya will probably need new ones at the same time, good job i live near clarks village or it would cost me a fortune!!!! x
  • Options
    Lol Flickaty we're in the same boat, Joe starts school in September too! Said to OH we'll be making a trip to Blackpool (our nearest Clarks village) at the end of Aug!! Xx
  • Options
    You've done well Zoe to hold out this long! I've had a couple of borrowed cast offs from Samuel's friends which is cool. He's a 4H and some of his mates have bigger feet.

How did you find things in winter? I wasn't in a rush to shoe Samuel but I was worried his feet would be cold when the weather was. Good to have tips from a more experienced Mum!

Jo x