Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miss Lauri...how did it go

hi
been thinking of you as I am sure the court date was 20th. hope things went ok...

hugs..
d xxx

Replies

• yeah hope things are ok...hope it went well. xx
  • Hi ladies,
    I am crying your messages of support are lovely, thank you!!
    Yes court date was yesterday & in the end we didn't make it into court room as or solicitors came back & forth with arrangements until I decided on one that was suitable. Really angry about it all as months ago I asked for mediation & he refused but in the end that was what happened!!

Anyway he had wanted 4 evenings a week from 4-8pm for him to collect Ellie & I & take her to his parents house where he no longer lives. I said NO WAY as 1st off he isn't willing to come into Ellie's home i'm not trailing her to theirs with a room full of strange people it's bad enough just 1, 2nd 8pm is too late & 4 hours is too long & I wouldn't get in the car with him plus he needs to get to know her before his family are introduced he is going to be difficult enough for her to get to know!
    I decided on 2 hours every saturday in a public place this being the shopping centre not far from where I live as it means I can walk it from 1-3pm every saturday. He of course being mr awkard couldn't make this saturday so it starts monday 24th november.

I couldn't look at him yesterday I was that angry when I saw him it nearly took my legs from under me, don't know how I will get through 2 hours! Thankfully the courts were understanding that we all need to take our cue from Ellie & if an hour the 1st time is long enough for her then I am to say that to him. His solicitor wanted to come back in 2 weeks (ha ha needless to say she has no children of her own) so my solicitor set a new date for 11th december when she will just be going I don't need to go to let the magistrate know how things are going.

Ellie seems to have taken so well to her new milk, she had 24oz yesterday which was the most since changing! Another week of just milk then the HV is going to see about weaning her again. I have to bring her to the HV & Doctor weekly for the forseeable future though so they can keep an eye on her progress as she lost 2oz in 2 weeks there!

All in all I am feeling a bit better but so indescribeably angry at him still!!!
    Thanks again I hope all is well with you & the little ones! xxx
  • im really glad everything went ok.

sending you big hugs
  • I'm glad things went ok. Lots of love xx
  • glad things went well. Good Luck for next round! Silly man wanting a baby out till 8pm....grrrrrrrr

d xxxx
  • Thanks all, I really do appreciate it!
    Very nervous about tomorrow, hardly eaten all weekend because every time I think of it I feel ill it's worse than the nausea of pregnancy!
    Will keep you all updated xx
  • hi hun glad that it all went ok, well done for sticking to your guns and getting an arangement the is best for ellie. xx
  • I'm so pleased things went ok hun, i too have been thinking about how you got on. You definitely did the right thing by waiting for the best solution for Ellie 8pm is too late for a lo especially new surroundings etc. xxx