Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

FAO Fairymary

Replies

• Hi Mary,

Work is going ok, just like I have never been away. It is very busy with extra patients in the corridors (very inappropriate) and it is not even winter yet. I felt quite refreshed when I first went back but nearly 5 weeks on I feel shattered. When I work a Sunday and then a Monday as I did this week is hard as I work 07.15-21.00 hrs Sunday and then 13.10- 21.00hrs on the Monday. Isabelle has not had a good week, teeth I think, but has gone back to waking or crying in her sleep. Last Wednesday the childminder rang me at work to come and collect her as she had been crying on and off all day and was not her self. I could not leave work as 4 trained nurses short, so hubby had to collect her. I then spent the rest of the shift worrying about her and on Sunday she would not settle for hubby and he sent me a text saying he could not take it anymore and was just going to leave Isabelle to cry. That made me feel even worse for being at work. Unfortunately needs must and I have to. I think hubby is finally getting a reality check as to what I have been coping with the last 7 months as he has always been ready to let me see to everything when we are home together. Sorry for the moan.
    How are things for you and your lo?
    Winning the lottery would be good o I can spend time with Isabelle and watch her growing up. She seems to be changing everyday.
    Hugs,
    Mary xx
  • Hi,
    Don't apologise for moaning thats why i love this site!
    that must have been horrible knowing your husband was struggling to settle Isobelle but unable to get home but guess thats our job and i'm sure tht will happen to me also at some point. Erin is fine still no sign of teeth, she is getting more and more vocal lots of ba ba ba ba which is so cute just waiting for that ma ma, but its bound to be da da first. Paul seems to be coping alright with erin when i'm at work but he too gets very stressed when she cries which i worry about sometimes.

Work is ok. But like you its been so busy and i don't seem to be as good at remembering everything and going back to do everything, i really put a patient at risk yesterday by forgetting to do something and i just felt really awful like i wanna quit, i was never like this before, i was always so thorough. Its like i'm preoccupied. Are you finding this? I'm so tempted to go for another ward job where its not so busy, Let me know if there are any going on a quiet ward at pompey!

(is there such a thing as a quiet ward?? :lolimage
    take care
    Mez x
  • Hi,

I think you could get a job as a comedian for asking for a quiet ward lol. I do not think they exist anymore.
    I totally understand the preoccupied feeling you are talking about.
    I also feel like i would like a different job. Sunday I was laying out a poor gentleman who had passed away with tears rolling down my face thinking there is more to life than this, whilst worrying about Isabelle at home. His wife had been absolutely distraught and I know I should be lucky as i have my husband and wonderful daughter but it does get to you.
    I am glad Erin is doing well. I think all men must find it hard and noone likes to hear there baby cry.
    Takecare,
    Mary xx

Ps do you know what you are working Christmas yet? Just waiting for the off duty to come out at work. I had asked to work the early Christmas day this year as Isabelle will not be old enough to remember. Ammunition to get next year off then, Hopefully!!
  • I have asked for the same for exactly the same reason plus we spend every other year at paul's mums and every other year at my mums and this year its Paul's mum's turn so if i get next year off i will get to be at my mums! (hope that makes sense). Apparently the xmas off duty is done but they aren't showing us yet because they don't want people asking to swap shifts , which is soo annoying i just want to know now!!