Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Back still aches.. help!

I am crying on this... my back still hurts .. more and more at the mid section where they gave me the epidural during my c-section... its becoming difficult to lift Nick up and place him down and now he has started putting on weight... I have read all the posture books given by the GP and HV and mid wifes .. and following em... I can't stand for longer period of time... following most of the excercises that I can manage.. but it still hurts.. will this be a life long pain? I am worried that I won't be able to function n provide my family very well hence forth... how much can one complain .. one day even my hubby is going to be tired of me saying this ... but it does pain ... like someone has put daggers in my back... boo hoo

Replies

• Oh hun! My back was sore after my epi but it went away after a week. I think you should go to the docs as it has been going on this long, even just give you painkillers

Hugs!
  • spoke to em everytime i hsve visited em nik... they keep asking me to follow the whats mentioned in their books... though no pain killers suggestion or n e other remedy
  • That sucks! Is there another doctor you could see? I would say take an anti-inflamitary like ibruprofin but im not sure what is and isnt safe for bf.
  • Poor you. I have had 3 epidurals and no problems at all. They should take you seriously and help you out.
    fight your corner

d xxxx
  • How many weeks ago was your LO born? My was a bit sore for a few weeks but then the FOURTH epi attempt worked so my back had been stabbed to death.

My upper back and shoulders are killing now from all the awkward lifting. Seriously need a massage x
  • welcome back Jo

My lo is 9 weeks today.. my upper back n shoulders really ache a lot too... ahhh I have been taking massage from my mom/ husband...

exercise by going on all fours as they say! bending and lifting the back helps to some extend in reliving the pain.. have u tried that?

I am getting more worried about my back now as my lo has started putting on weight... how to manage that?