Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO LINS....

Hi
read your update on henry. Sound like he coming on really well. You will have to post some pics on facebook site if you don't feel comfortable doing it here.

Glad you getting your surgery. Hope it all goes well and you are 'honeymoon fresh' once again!!!!

Well done on your promotion. Sounds like you have found a gem of a childminder! It really helps when that happens.

d xx

Replies

• Options
    HI there
    hope you are continuing to get better and are not too sore! Poor you. You really have had it hard!

I think when you have put so much hard work and effort into a career then it is hard to suddenly redefine yourself. I think working mums are great and should never feel guilty. I went back full time after I had lauren for a few reasons. Main been we needed the money but also because I enjoyed my job. By the time I had Chris I went back 3 days a week only and then gave up altogether due to Chris been so ill with his asthma. I missed work and still do...a lot. Some days when you wake up with nothing planned it does get a bit like ground hog day. Going to work gives your day a structure and gives life a reason... if you get my drift. So long as you working to live and not living to work then you will be OK. Henry sounds like he is doing loads (prob more than most mums do) with the child minder. He will benefit from having lots of people in his life.

Amelia is doing fine. She is walking like a pro and climbing on everything. I have had to move plants, pictures, candles etc... she is a madam. She never whines and is such a happy little thing. She looks soo teeny still and when she walks around people are amazed as she looks 9 months. She still fits into many 6 to 9 month clothes but has a good appetite so I am not worried. lauren was the same. Its not too bad it a girl really to be petite!

Lauren goes to Uni in September She currently has offers from Edgehill, manchester and Teeside. She is doing Early Years Teaching with Qualified Teaching Status. This means in 3 years she will be a full qualified teacher....aghhH!!!!!!!!!!! Also means a hell of a lot of money for us to shell out!!!!! We are trying to get her through with no student debt if we can!

I am doing OK. Still could lose 2 stone or so. Still BF Amelia but only morning, midday and night time! Just dont seem to get the time to get her off it. I dont mind really but my boobs are travelling south at an alarming rate!

Other kids are great. Chris was suspended from school for fighting (hmm) joseph is 5 now and a cheeky little monkey. He is a good boy though and is so loving. Charlie still has me demented.He is such a highly strung little boy. Screams if he slightly hurts himself or does not get his own way etc... he starts school nursery in Sept so will see how that goes. He has been at pre school for 18 months and that has helped but he is still immature for his age. We will see.

We are heading home in August for 4 weeks so that will be nice. Looking forward to it as it is hitting 48 daytime temp already here.....ugh!!!!!!

Well, nice to chat and keep resting and fingers crossed for a good result for you!

d xx