Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Millie's sleeping through!!!

Just thought I'd share as feeling soooo good for the sleep!!

My little princess will be 11 weeks on Tuesday as has been sleeping through for the past 5 nights!! image Obviously very happy and impressed, even though I've had to buy a new monitor with sensor mat as was still waking up worrying about her then disturbing her to make sure she was ok as was sooo worried something was wrong as couldnt believe she went from going down at 8ish then waking up at 11pm then 3am then 6.30 to all of a sudden going down at 7.30pm and staying asleep til 6.30am!!

Think the things that have helped Millie are establishing a good bedtime routine, getting her on the bottles and going into her own room (currently in her moses basket in the cotbed but think Im going to have to start putting her in the cotbed as shes looking very squished in her basket now! Shes 13lb now!

Hows everyone elses LO's sleeping going?

Replies

• YEY, welldone Millie. my los been sleeping through for about the last 2wks. Have the occasional day where she wakes at 5am, but norm goes till about 7am. Its all happened since i've started giving her formula at bedtime, she takes 7oz! Defo helps having a good bet time routine established. Hope she carrys on like this for you, its amazing how much more human you feel once your getting a good nights sleep.

xx
  • Oh I'm so jealous!:cry:
    Riley's still waking a couple of times but the plus is that he does go back down quite quickly after I've fed him so get it all done in about 30 mins.
    We're going to put him in his own room soon though because I think it will help, will also help us not having to listen to him as he is sooo noisy I really don't know how/why he makes some of the noises he does he sounds like a sheep sometimes and I'm sure he's not as noisy when he naps in the day!
    xxx
  • Well done Millie & mummy! Also just ever so slightly envious!
  • sam goes down at seven no probs. we dream feed him (where poss) at about half eleven and he currently goes til about half four. unfortunately though he then tends to wake at about six. hoping to get him to go to seven and then drop the middle of the night feed.
    he does go back no probs though so its no too bad but i'm really ready for a full nights kip now!
  • Your so so lucky - Please come and train my lo!!!
    Amelia goes to slepp any time between 7 and 8 then wakes again any time between 12 and 3am (very random) she then wakes about 5.30am and she ends up in bed with me as she won't settle back down. Really want her to stop the night feed so we can have some unbroken sleep!!!
  • Ooh, lucky you! Peter is very definitely NOT sleeping through yet. His pattern sounds a bit like Amelia's, pumbacat. He goes down between 7:30 and 8 and is up again between one and three times before 7 the next morning. He varies between feeding for half an hour and going straight back down and feeding on and off for an hour and a half before going back to sleep. Neither pattern is much fun. I think we may have to move him to his own room before we get anywhere...

Enjoy your sleep! image
  • Charlotte is almost identical pumbacat. We tried a dream feed last night but she only took 1oz and still woke at 2.30am, wouldnt fall back to sleep till 4.30am and then was up again at 5.30am ! Needless to say I am shattered today. I am sooooo looking forward to the day that I wake up and realise that Charlotte has slept right through. She has a solid bedtime routine which has been in place now for about a fortnight so i'm hoping it wont be too much longer. She's 8 weeks old tomorrow so hubby is still reluctant to put her in her own room but she has almost outgrown her moses so cant be too much longer !
  • Zach is 9 weeks and tends to wake up just the once. I usually feed him 6oz at 5pm, do the whole bedtime routine around 7 (bath, massage etc.) then try him with another feed at bedtime, although tonight he only took 3oz. Then i feed him around 11 / 11.30, usually he will take between 3 and 6 oz and he usually sleeps til 5!

My only problem now is that as it's getting lighter earlier he thinks its time to get up, and I'm struggling to get him to go back to sleep, like he used to do so well!

I've been reading Gina Ford and whilst I find it much too regimented, she does advise giving babies plenty of milk between 7am and 7pm which helps them sleep for longer. Since doing that that, he does sleep for longer!

• Yeah definately agree with getting lots of milk into them between 7am and 7pm been doing that as Millie has fallen into that routine herself.....who needs Gina Ford!! ha image
    She has 5 - 6oz bottles from when she gets up to when she goes to bed...I fit them all in as she only goes 3hrs beween feeds instead of 4 which doesnt bother me at all as its what suits her and its fine with me as she sleeps so well at night!

To combat the lighter nights and mornings we have put a blackout blind up as her curtains are very pale and that blocks out most of the light but noticed its fairly light when Im trying to put her down too so I've been hanging a dark blanket across her window too and this makes it almost pitch black in there and she goes down much quicker with this as she cant nosey about! lol Also much better for when she has woken early morning as its still very dark in her nursery and I just pop her dummy in and shush her with my hand just over her eyes so she cant see me otherwise the little monkey just smiles away at me and wants to get up once she can see my face!! lol Im not getting up at 5am when I know she can go til at least 6.30! The thing is once shes up in a morning she only usually naps after a couple of hours and I cant go back to sleep once I've been up that long!
    xxx
    xxx