Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

contraceptives

I know alot of people arent even gonna be thinking about doing the deed right now!! BUt i was just wondering what evryone was doing about contraception?? I'm planning on getting the coil fitted, but not sure if i have to wait till after my 6wk check up? I've got to have my check up at the hosp, due to the fact that i suffered a 3rd degree tear, and not sure if there gonna wanna have a look down there? I'm not due my check till the beginning of may so works out at about 8 wks rather than 6.
Just wondered if anyone else is in the same sort of situation, and could give me some advice.
xx

Replies

• Hi I think they would probably wanna have a look to check everything is ok but I don't know if this would interfere with the coil? Maybe you could ask your hv.

I think I'm gonna have the implant in my arm as this is what I had before but not thought about when as sex is out of the question at the min as I had an episiotomy!
    xxx
  • Hi I think they would probably wanna have a look to check everything is ok but I don't know if this would interfere with the coil? Maybe you could ask your hv.

I think I'm gonna have the implant in my arm as this is what I had before but not thought about when as sex is out of the question at the min as I had an episiotomy!
    xxx
  • I was steralised at time of csection so i dont have to worry about that.. image no help i know, sorry! but i think you will need to get checked 1stcud book an appointment with your regular doc or nurse to check
  • Ah thanks for reply ladies, i'm gonna get Laila weighed on wed, so will check with the hv.
    xx
  • Is your baby not a contraceptive?? lol mine is image by the time I get her to sleep im too tired to even think about anything like that! image hope it changes soon! Think if you fancy some before your check just use condoms and then ask at your check as others have said you'll need to be checked to make sure everythings ok down there for a coil.
    xx