Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello! *waves*

Hi everyone, I hopw all the March 09 mums and babies are well. I haven't posted here in so long!! Happy birthday to everyone who has had their birthdays and those to come. Isla wil be 1 on the 22nd, I can't believe how fast this year has gone! She isnt walking yet but she has been crusing a round the furniture for ages and runs with her walker lol! I took her to bedtime stories at 6 the other evening and she spent most of it walking at speed around the hall pushing a plastic box on wheels!!

I see there are already some bfps, I'm quite jealous! I'm hoping to TTC no 3 maybe around Dec/Jan. Did anyone not go back to work? I'm considering after no3 being a SAHM unti theyre all at school or doing chidminding....I went back towork on 10th Jan and its fine but I'm looking foward to the summer, I work term time so get all of July and August off!
Some exciting news for us - were building our own house! Having plans drawn up at the mo, v excited!
Sorry that was quite long winded!!

Fran xx

Replies

• Hi hun....I remember you!! image

Hope Isla has a lovely birthday....are you doing anything?

Building your own house sounds very exciting too....its something I would love to do!

xxx
  • Hey hun, thanks for replying :\) Took a bit of courage for me to make this post!
    Isla's birthday is on a Monday and hubby works away during the week. So we are having a family party on the Saturday at my mums and on the Sunday hubby and I will take our two away somewhere for the day hopefully.
    I see you're expecting again, congrats!
  • hi fran, nice t see u again on here. sounds like isla is oding fabulously and ur douing agreat job.
    there have been a couple of bfps, which i too am jealous of, currently ttc no2 lol. i am SAHM but only because i didn't have a job to go back to, and now we're ttc no2, there seems little point in finding a new job just to leave again in 8/9 months (wishful thinking lol), and we're managing without me working so atm i am a sahm and hopefully will be until thil at least lo2 is at nursery.
    Austin's birthday is day before isla's and i agree, its all gone far too fast, and its only within the last week or so that i'm realising he's not my ickle little newborn baby anymore but he's actually getting bigger lol.
    we're planning to either go to the zoo on saturday or sunday, if we go saturday with my sister and her kids then sunday will jsut eb a nice quiet day, my parents will be round for cake etc (its difficult, my bro and his family live in jersey, and my mum doesn't speak t my sister, and all the in laws live in belgium, so i feel a bit sorry for austin really as there isn't gonna be a big family gathering for him) and then on the monday we're going to the local soft play with his other baby friends which shld be fun, so nothing spectacular....but he is having a dairy free peppa pig cake, which i'm actually quite excited about lol.

xx
  • Hi, good to hear from you...It is relatively quiet on here now...babies keep us all so busy nowadays...I love Facebook cos its a quick way of keeping in touch and seeing how everyones doing image

Well Erin-Beth turned 1 last week and it was more traumatic for me than for her!!! Surprised me how I felt esp as i have 2 others! I suppose its cos she is def my last..was steralised whilst being sectioned (not the mental kind lol!!). SHe had a lovely birthday party...we to have no family around so was just lots of friends and their kids and it was a really lovely day, she was spoilt rotten, which was esp nice for her as she has been so ill recently!

Another thing that has surpised me is that im not going back to work - except for my statatory 3month return, which starts on 22mar for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks off then in for 4wks, the rest is made up of accrued annual leave! But it is a career break for a year..my job remains safe in this period. I have worked nonstop for 20yrs and went straight back wen my girls were 4 months old..but this time i just couldnt face it and wanted to stay at home for Erin and be there wen the older girls get home from school, Hannah starts her GCSEs soon so to be home and encourage her to study etc is also a good thing!!

Building your own house...lucky you, my oh would love to do that..but not sure he could handly my stress of it all lol lol lol best of luck with that image