Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long before.....

Abi has her first set of jags on thursday 14th and i was wondering how long do i have to wait to take her to the swimming pool after this??? Anyone got a clue about this?

xxx

Replies

• you have to wait until the y have had the 3rd lot

Mari
  • You can take them any time, they don't need to have had their jabs - Amelia had her first lot on wednesday and I asked doctor, we are going swimming for the first time in the morning and can't wait!!
  • this is a really tricky one, as the hv's all give u dif answers. I asked one hv who said i have to wait till shes had all the jabs, and another hv said as long as shes had her first jabs shes fine. I'm gonna wait till shes had her first lot, then take her.
    sorry not much help. xx
  • My HV and midwife told me we could go from birth, you don't have to wait for their jabs. We've went at 3 weeks. he's now 8 weeks, but has had a cold pretty much since we went so haven't been again!
  • My HV and midwife told me we could go from birth, you don't have to wait for their jabs. We've went at 3 weeks. he's now 8 weeks, but has had a cold pretty much since we went so haven't been again!
  • my hv rsaid she recommends waiting til they've had their third lot but said that it's perfectly fine to take them after the first lot but she personhally thinks its safer to wait. Austin has his first jabs next friday (22nd) when he'll be 9 weeks so i'll probably take him that following week. i'm actually quite excited about his first swim! xx
  • they all say different things don't they?!! I was told today, whenever just make sure the pool uses chorine to kill any bacteria, not to go in longer than 15 minutes unless they are wearing a body suit and try and stay in the 'warmer' baby end. x
  • Just wondering when we can go swimming. I thought we had to wait at least 6wks after birth in case of infection etc. I;m at hosp for my postnatal check tomorro so i'll ask then.