Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Big Baby!!

Ok ladies, how much do your lo's weigh?

We've been to clinic today and Amelia is a whopping 17lb12oz at 15 weeks!!! - I don't know where she puts it as she doesn't look particularly big, just has chuncky thighs!!
As she was only 6lb5oz born we now have to go to hospital to have some tests done to make sure she hasn't got a hormone imbalance especially as she doesn't have the recommended amount of milk each day for her weight.
Apart from being a heavy baby she is developing really well and keeps surprising me with her new little actions!!!

Replies

• Ah hun, don't worry im sure she is just fine-babies come in all different shapes and sizes. Max has always followed the 25th centile, a friend of mines lo is on the 98th-they look so comical next to eachother but they're both perfectly healthy.

Goodluck at the hospital xx
  • lOl! this is the bain of my life! My ds is 14 weeks at 16lbs 11oz. he waa 9lbs at birth but he has jumped a percentile so the HV's have a hissy fit every time he gets weighed. I now refuse to get stressed over this. its not as if I am feeding him hamburgers! He has 6 feeds a day of 7ozs. he likes his milk! Also the males in both families are tall and solid (6ft 4in etc) so I think its his genes.I hope all is ok with your lo. I also think that once they are mobile so they will burn the calories! lol x
  • I only recently brought Amelia 3-6month shorts, don't think we'll be wearing them come August!!!
  • Darcy is 13lb 12 (at 14 weeks) was 7lb12 at birth, she has chunky thighs that are fab. I mustn't feed her enough though cuz shes trying desperatly to eat her feet at mo lol!!!!