Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not babies any more!!

Does anyone else feel the same?
Lailas 9 months old now, and has just started walking, about 6 or 7 steps at a time, stopping and starting and changing direction!! She has 8 teeth, with more on the way!!!! Shes turning into a naughty little monkey- biting and pulling my decs off the tree!!! She loves finger food, and is getting to the point where i have to give her a spoon when i'm feeding her, as she likes to try and feed herself!! She feeds herself milk, doesnt like it if we do it- shes far to independant! She says Mumma, Dadda, gagga? and Babba?!!!!
Wheres my baby girl gone, shes turning into a mischevious little toddler!
Anyone else feel this way? What are all your lo up to?
xx

Replies

• No, no no! I refuse to believe it!

I do know what you mean though. I can see toddlerhood looming. Particularly when she protests and angrily waves her hands up and down when she's not happy about something. But, I also feel as though Nina is very much a baby and probably always will see her as my baby girl as she will be our last. x
  • NO not the T word, I'm not ready yet! It's funny, I would have said the same thing until the last few days where he's been I'll, it's reminded me that while he is becoming more independant he's stll a baby really- he's been so clingy/cuddly and just needs me all the time, it's quite nice in a strange way! Xx
  • NO not the T word, I'm not ready yet! It's funny, I would have said the same thing until the last few days where he's been I'll, it's reminded me that while he is becoming more independant he's stll a baby really- he's been so clingy/cuddly and just needs me all the time, it's quite nice in a strange way! Xx

he he, know what you mean. Its not nice to see them poorly, but nice to know that you're still needed!!! Although Laila can be very clingy anyway, even on a norm day!!
    Missymoo, Laila is our 2nd and last child too, so i dont like to think that shes not a baby anymore!!
  • Yes and no, bellas not been herself for a quite sometime, with one thing or another so even tho shes hanging onto her walk and taking a few steps, shes still very much a baby, shes still so tiny and she wont hold her bottle which i wish she would with all the encouragement in the world she wont shes very lazy that way, but not in others, shes is confident and independent but then clings on for dear life, shes a very mixed baby and im hoping in the next couple of months we can see a toddler venture through coz at the minute its hard. The sleep thing is a major issue, still in our bed and hate her cot, but she start in it at various times from 8pm to 11pm depends but then can wake through the night and theres noway shes getting back in that cot so in our bed she comes arghhhh x
  • Ah Loz, sorry to hear your having a few problems with bella. I'm sure things will sort themselves out soon. We've had 2 nights of laila sleeping through out of the last 3 nights, we've not done anything differently- shes obviously just decided to start sleeping through for mummy!!
    She will get there hunny
    xx
  • Sometimes, but charlotte is 9 months on Boxing day and still doesnt want to walk, crawl, spoon feed herself or hold her beaker so she's still very much a baby ! LOL. It got to me when she got her 4 teeth all in one go and I realised that now with 6 teeth I was never going to see that gummy smile again, that had me in floods of tears for some reason !
  • Daisy will always be my baby!!!!!!!

I can't even think of her not being a baby anymore - it's just gone so quickly and knowing that I will never be able to do any of this again breaks my heart so I just don't think about it!!!!!!!

C xxx