Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

how many milk feeds???

my little girl is 9 1/2 months and was having x3 7floz milk as well as 3 meals per day. in the last few days she has been taking less milk in the morning and afternoon feeds,should i start cutting out her afternoon feed and introduce more snacks???sometimes she wants her bottle close to tea time so it gets abit awkward,any ideas would be great thanks! xxx

Replies

• hi sorry i can't help, ds is 9.5months and still has 3 milk feeds, 6oz on waking, 6oz mid afternoon, and 8oz for bed, u cld reduce her 2 daytime bottles a bit tho by an oz or two ( they recommend between 18-21oz a dayuntil 1yr, so u have got some manouverability there) and add a snack or two instead. personally i wldn't cahnge the bed time bottle tho as this cld interfere with sleep. hth xx
  • DD is having BF on waking, bottle or BF (depending on if she is with me or Childminder) at 3pm ish (7oz bottle - sometimes all and sometimes 3 oz!) and then BF at bedtime. She is 10 months. I think you can keep going with the milk if your lo is taking it, if she is cutting down a bit herself then just go with the flow and see what she is doing!.
  • My lo is 10 months and will only have milk before bed, if we're lucky - It can be any thing up to 7oz but that is rare. She's just not interested in milk at all as she loving her food. I just make sure she has yoghurt, cheese and milk on her breakfast.
    Go with the flow, they wean themsleves off milk
  • thank you everyone,the morning and afternoon feeds she definately taking less but takes 7floz still at bedtime! will see how she gets on,thanks again. x