Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Changing things in your partner...

Hi guys i was just thinking about the things i would change about my oh and got to wondering if there was anything you would like to change about your partner, what would it be and why? i would like to make my oh more responsible with money,Stop him drinking as much, and get him to do 24 hours alone with the girls all the time putting them 1st meaning no football on tv lol just so he gets a taste of what i do everyday,although they behave better for him typical lol so share what you would like to change :\)

Replies

• Id like my hubbie to wind me up less, he's a real joker which is something a love about him but he can't read my moods sometimes and it just pees me off when I'm tired- I'm sure he'd want to make me less moody!
    Xx
  • argh, i wish oH wldn't tease me as much! honestly its every second that he's in the same room as me he jsut doesn't stop, its like a bored child and it drives me crazy, which is probably why he does it! poking and tickling and pulling my trousers down!!!!!!!!! so annoying! also wld like it that he wld realsie that when he's giving me a 'day off' that this really shldn't entail him just playing world of warcraft all day and just leaving austin to play alone (in same room, but not interacting with him at all) and that as i can hear him whinging i end up getting up and doing it all anyway. ah and one last thing (lol) that washing up is not filling the sink with hot water and soap and just leaving the dishes in it, the don't wipe, dry and put away themselves!!! hmph men! xx

ps, i still love him tho lol xx
  • I'd love it if he would realise that when I say 'I'm ready to go' or 'Dinner is ready', I mean it, and not faff around going to the loo or checking his e-mail or whatever. And that he would take some initiative when it comes to meal planning. He cooks on the weekends but I am still the one who suggests what we are having and sorts out the shopping list. The classic was when I was in London last week and he had to call to ask what he should give Peter for lunch. Thank goodness I had some couscous made up in the fridge as I knew that he wouldn't have organised anything! And that he wouldn't lie in bed while I am getting Peter his breakfast in the morning. I don't mind being the one who gets up and gets Peter changed and fed, but his lying in bed just rubs it in. He then had the all-fire cheek to complain about how tired he was!image

Oh, and I wouldn't mind if he was a little more proactive about getting a car. I am going to have to nag him into doing it, I can see. :roll:

Otherwise, he is an absolute doll. He does all the laundry and is doing all the washing up because my hands are in such a dreadful state at the moment. He's great with Peter and has been fabulous about giving me time off now that I'm not feeding him myself so much. I wouldn't really want him to be anyone but himself. :\)