Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Toys for the garden

Hi i was just wondering what toys your little ones had for the garden? We have got a slide Lexie uses it not Leah yet, a swing, a playhouse they both love this, a little paddling pool that sprinkles its brill like a mat with a ring round it that has water sprinkling out of it the water gets no deeper than ankle high, and i got a sand and water table on friday only put water in it for now though as im sure Leah would eat the sand lol they love this i didnt get them in from the garden till after 9pm on friday lol we have got a trampolene but phil stored it and cant find the main bit the elastic bit lol once we do that will be set up also the ride on walker do you think this is enough?have you got any other great garden ideas? i only wish i could take them swimming but cant with only one pair of hands lol guess i will have to wait till i get a sunday off and take them swimming with my oh. oh if anyone also has some good ideas where to take lo in the nice weather that would be good too image hope everyone is ok image

Replies

• Mael has a bike but the one with no pedals or stabalisers (sp) he loves it and whizzes round all over the garden on it. xxx
  • i was looking at a balance bike for Lexie as she wont even try to peddle her trike lol but at ??50 i think no if i see one cheaper i will get one -edited to say i have just found one on toys r us for ??24.99 so ive snapped it up as thats the cheapest ive seen them image

[Modified by: 2girlywhirlys on May 26, 2010 03:33 AM]

• We've got a ball pool, playhouse, swing (which he's not interested in!), giant skittles, push along truck.

The best thing we bought for our garden was a bird feeding station-max absolutely loves it, we put food out before lunch everyday when were home, max's highchair faces the garden and he goes nuts watching the fly back and too! It's great at keeping him occupied while I prep our food xx
  • Oh and those giant windmills, not exactly toys but he likes watching those too and he tries to blow them from the kitchen!x
  • aww, they sound like they've got lots of variety and set up for summer. we don't have a garden, we've got a 2meter x 2 metre bit of courtyard thats covered in white flint type stone stuff, so i've nto taken ds out there yet, as its bit hard, and small, and is really only used for my washing line lol. i might get him one of those water and sand tables, but tahts about all we'll be able to fit out there unfortunately, i'd love to have agarden for him to run around in, feel a bit guilty that we chose this flat now, but it was the best one out of the 17 we viewed that day, and now we're stuck here. xx
  • I do feel really lucky to have a garden especially as our house is only small, it's been nice for max to gave some extra space to explore.

If the rest of the summers going to be as hot as last weekend were planning on going to the seaside everyweek. It's an 90 mins away but so worth the journey, he loved it and it was a great environment for him to be let loose it-no tables or corners or concrete for him to injur himself on. Are you far from the coast?x
  • I'm with WoW Baby. We have no garden, just a back yard with no gate that leads onto a back road and has a shallow step up from the path. That being said, I do block off the entrance with the pram and let him crawl about. He loves banging on plant pots and has his own little watering can which he makes a complete mess with, to his great joy. He also likes pulling himself up on my bike and playing with the pedals. We also try to get to the playground as often as possible, although the surface isn't very crawler friendly.

But I would love a garden. We are in the process of looking for somewhere new to live, and a garden is a requirement as far as I'm concerned!
  • pbob, we're lucky in that respect, as u have our flat, the road, the promenade, the beach, less than a hundred yards really, and a massive park, but its not the same really as the only thing the park has for him s the baby swing (the slide is giant!). i've taken him onto the beach a few times a wekk since its been nice, but only with his reins as the sea is FREEZING and not all that clean, and there are always lots of dogs down there not on the leads bounding about, and i worry there gonna knck him flying, or worse, bite at him (especially when last week there was a staf and rotweiler having a bit of a barney with each other). the beach isn't evry well looked after either, there's always glass and dog poo about, hence just letting him have a toddle with his reins on, maybe when it hots up abit the council will clean it up on a regular basis but i doubt it. luckily a friend of mine has a lovely garden and she doesn't leave too far (about a 15-20minute walk) and as she has a 10month old she's got quite a few baby/toddler garden toys too.

slightly o/t but my mum keeps on shes gonna buy ds a tomy car for xmas, now without a garden and we'll have a newborn by then, i don't know where she expects austin to ride it lol
    xx