Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Whats been going on.....?

Since Laila's been born i dont have as much time to come on here. Try and get on a few times a weel, but norm only come into my baby was born in march, dont get chance to get into the other forums. Seems there has yet again been more trouble.
I have recently joined up to YAYW, as we are just starting to plan our wedding for next yr. ANd there is soo much trouble and bitchiness over there!! Seems like this site seems to be following in there footsteps. Anyway, just wondered what had been going on!!

Hope all mummy and babies are doing well, and your all managing to get at least enough sleep to feel human again!!

xx

Replies

• hi tanroe

I think we're all on here less since having our babies. i've only just started to come on regularly again. i'm not sure what's been going on but evry day in baby there is a goodbye post cos someones annoyed someone else blah blah and its getting tedious now. I had kept it zipped til this evening but decided enough was enough. if they don't sort their acts out soon I for one will be avoiding baby like the plague cos its getting a daily occurance and nine times out of ten its the same names pop up. xxx
  • I used the 'baby' forum when I had my first lo and found it very helpfulBut that was a while ago and I do tend to avoid it these days (except for a browse) as there's always something ridiculous going on. I would rather stick to this forum and a couple of others I use now and again.
  • Hi tanroe how are you and lo getting on? Did you manage to get into the routine? Myself and Riley didn't but I'm still tempted to give it another go.

As for the baby forum its all a bit stupid really. People threatening to leave, debates getting personal, and generally people causing conflict. Some people take things way too presonally and forget that we're only talking to people behind computer screens. I come on here for advice and general chat about how our babies are getting on, but for some people, unfortunately, this seems to be their life and take things very seriously.

There's never a problem in this forum though so I try to post in here more.
    xxx
  • Hi tanroe, I know what you mean about the baby forum! Its such a shame its like that as I've found it very useful as most people on there have been very helpful if I've had questions, as they have already been through it all.

But more importantly that must be so exciting to be planning your wedding! I got married last May and still miss planning it and having such a fantastic day and honeymoon, wish I could do it all over again!

YAYW is definately worse for the bitchiness than baby but I found it invaluable for info....just stay clear of general chat!

Good luck with the wedding planning! :\)
  • RAch- i have noticed general chat is where all the bitches hide out- lol. Sometimes funny to read peoples posts, but then you wonder how someone can be that much of a bitch!! LOL
    Kel- gave up on the routine after a few of days of trying, she really wasnt into it. But have to say she has got herself into a brill routine at night. Have started giing her a bottle of formula at about 8pm, and she has about 7oz (little piggy) then sleeps through till morn, occassionally wakes at 5am for small feed. Durin the day is till pretty much feed on demand, but i dont mind that. if we're out and about she just tends to sleep so not too bad.
    Think i'll just stick to browsing on baby, and not actually commenting. sometimes it just really gets to me how serious people take these forums. People have no right to be rude or offensive to others on here on purpose, but like you all said it is just internet.
    Thanks for updating me on whats been going,
    xx
  • OOoooo i dont think i like that baby website your on about glad ive never seen it lol, they would bitch about me all day long lol xxx