Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

LO up and down all night like a yo-yo!

Anyone else having this problem?

Zach has been going through a period for the last week or two of waking up constantly during the night! He is an angel going to sleep, and will sleep til about 1am, then its up for an hour, sleep for an hour, and so on til about 6 when he's raring to go! Last night he woke at 12.30 til 3, then again at 6! consequently I'm shattered, hubby is shattered and we're arguing about it!

I've tried cutting down his naps in the day, and filling him up more in the evenings but it doesn't seem to be working. He has just had two of his top teeth coming through so I thought it was just teething but now I'm not too sure!

Replies

• Just commented on your other post about Zach walking now. I read somewhere that when babies start doing something new it unsettles their sleep as this is when they process what they can do so can be quite stressful for them. Have the sleepless nights started since he's been trying to walk? Just a thought. Hope you get some sleep soon
  • ooh actually it probably is around the same time, the last couple of weeks! Thanks Pumbacat!

Think he was up in the night but was so tired, I just kicked hubby and went back to sleep! Found them both fast asleep on the sofa this morning! Ha Ha