Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hair loss

was just wondering if anyone else having this since having lo's? mine is terrible and its always everywhere! is this normal? i mean before i got pregnant i use to lose small bits of hair but it stopped when pregnant but its started again and seems worse? also i know i had my lo 4months ago (cant believe how quick its gone) but my tummy doesnt feel right either, i dont eat great all the time and ive got a podgy belly now but its really uncomfy at times. anyone else having these problems? x

Replies

• Don't worry it's totally normal. My oh is having to regurlarly unblock the plug holes in our house at the minute! They say it happens at around the same time as your lo's falls out and poor Riley he's looks like an old man as he's got loads of hair at the back but there's hardly any left on top now!

As for my belly obviously there's still a bit of a podge there, it doesn't really feel uncomfortable though. Try to eat a bit better and it might help, if not maybe you should get your gp to check it?

xxx
  • Oh my gosh my hair is falling out loads too. Its everywhere. I had heard people say it happens but thought it happened as soon as baby was born not nearly 5 months later!!

My belly is definately podgy but I joined WW last week so hoping its going to be gone soon! image I just want to fit back in my pre-pregnancy clothes as dont want to buy new stuff in a bigger size!

xx
  • Mine is just staring to fall out-ive a feeling it's going to get really bad as ive not had to clean my hairbrush for a whole year-that's a lot of hairloss to catch up on!

My belly is podgy too and still wobbly xxx
  • my hair has just stopped falling out! its called post partum hair loss, it occurs a few months after having a baby due to your hormone levels trying to get back to normal, it can last a few months but is nothin to worry about!

i was worried at first but it does stop.
  • My hair is falling out as well, don't think it helps that Emilia pulls it out! :roll: It is normal, other mums I know have found the same thing. I thought it would have happened earlier, I didn't expect it to be 4+ months after giving birth. Oh well, it was nice having thicker hair for a while.