Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Health visitors

How are you finding them?

I don't really like mine-i get the impression she doesn't really like babies. I know she sees hundreds of them but she's always so cold towards Max. The MW's were always so lovely with him. I went to get him weighed today and i know im biased but he looked rediculously cute-he was lying in the nuddies on the scales, stetching out his legs and giving us a huge gummy smile, my heart was melting and she just ignored him-i'd never ignore anyone smiling at me let alone a little baby who's practising his new skill on people!

The other thing she does which i hate is watches you getting him dressed. I always struggle as he wriggles around and i try to be quick as it's always busy, she just stands there staring-it would be much politer to pretend to be busy and i'd get it done alot quicker too!

Replies

• Hi pixiebob, we don't have a health visitor (i live in Cyprus so no nhs services), but take Nina to a wonderful paediatrician. She's also Angelos Dr and was at the birth of both by babies. I would now consider her a friend and it really is great to have someone you feel comfortable with. Can you request a different health visitor? I know exactly what you mean about the changing..it never works when someones watching! x
  • PB I have seen a few over the last few weeks and they are all odd!! Most haven't even had babies either and all say something different. My latest one watches me get ds dressed so now I dress him in a baby gro so its easy to dress him! I have weigh day tomorrow which I hate as the HV's hate the fact that I mix feed and that ds is on the heavy side. I wish my dh would come with me!! I ahte getting told off!! x
  • hi ya i've only seen my hv once when i was discharged from the midwifes. everytime i've taken him to clinic to be weighed i'ved seen a nursery nurse. who not being rude looks like shes only just finished school and you can tell she's giving you advice from a textbook rather then experience advice. i am meant to have the hv come to mine this afternoon for our 8 wk check up [even though lo is 12 weeks now]. so i know she'll be having a nosey at the house