Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st birthday present ideas?

Hi ladies

I posted this in toddler and got a good response so thought I would share it with you for ideas in case you didn't see it! image

I've decided to embrace Millie's first birthday as its suddenly hit me this last couple of weeks shes not my little newborn baby any more but a beautiful little girl with a strong personality of her own.
Since just before Christmas her 2 bottom teeth have come through within 3 weeks of each other and she is crawling fantastically and practically running with her walker she got for Christmas. She makes me so proud every day, her 1st birthday will be the 3rd March and I was feeling a bit upset at how fast it has come round (almost! lol) but i have decided to really throw myself into organising her party tea and looking forward to her turning one instead of being a bit sad about it! image

xxx

[Modified by: MGMummy on 08 January 2010 23:01:00 ]

Replies

• Options
    lol - it would probably help if I actually included the link......too busy waffling on I forgot! haha

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/151615

xxx

[Modified by: MGMummy on January 08, 2010 10:59 PM]

• Options
    Oh I'm also having very mixed emotions about max turning one, he's done us so proud, he's such a joy and has lit up our whole lives this year which definately needs to be celebrated . I start back to work the day after his birthday which I'm dreading and i'm really not ready for my baby to become a toddler although I'm enjoying being a mummy much more now than when he was a newborn, it's just the best thing in the world and I feel like I've found my stride.

Anyway, I'm rambling now! Hubbie is getting him his first football kit, ball and goalposts (I keep telling him he may not even like football but I'll indulge him for now!) not sure what else to get, we want to get wooden swings, playhouse etc for the garden so we may buy some is that xx
  • Options
    We're getting Peter all the toys we couldn't get him at Christmas! So a walker, a play table and an activity cube, I think. No idea where we will put them all. We are short enough on space as it is! (Am very jealous of all you ladies with outdoor spaces for toys for the summer. I was hoping that we would be in a house with a garden by now, but life has put paid to that idea. *sigh*)

Pixiebob, I know what you mean about mixed emotions. Peter is nowhere near toddling yet (he is too efficient at commando crawling to bother about any other form of locomotion) but I am constantly amazed by the amount of personality and number of skills he is developing every day. I love the person he is becoming dearly, but I do sometimes miss the baby he was.

I have to admit, I have hit a bit of a rough patch as he needs so much looking after at the moment and I desperately need to get work done (two looming deadlines), which just isn't possible when he is awake. I am rather looking forward to him going to nursery when he turns one, but it is only one day a week. I have a feeling a lot of my lack of patience is down to us being more or less housebound for the past week which hasn't improved anyone's temper. I know I am very, very lucky to be able to spend so much time with him as he grows up, so I really shouldn't grumble, but life is throwing quite a lot of cr*p at us at the moment which is skewing my perspective, I'm afraid.

Sorry for the moan, and for hijacking your thread a bit there, MGMummy. What I really want to say is, however bittersweet these first birthdays are, we are all incredibly lucky to have such amazing small people in our lives, and so much happiness to look forward to with them in the future.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time THG, feel free to facebook me if you need to offload.

You do an excellant job juggling your career with looking after Peter, I don't know how you do it! I'm sure things will get easier once he's in nursery, you'll have more of a balance.

Hope you and Peter are ok xx
  • Options
    I am totally with you! I am exhausted from working 12 hour days at work and then looking after my ds on the other days. Its such a hard thing to juggle, working and being a mother. But I think that thousands do it so why must I be so tired from it! I just think that finding the balance takes time. So hang in there your not alone and you will be fine.

As for birthday presents, I have no idea what to get. I would love some ideas though x
  • Options
    Aw I know what you mean MGmummy. Try and think that there will be so many more precious moments to look forward to.

Some very good pressie ideas. I agree with the mega bloks. My son has some and they are really standing the test of time with him. Nina loves them even now. Ok, so it's more pulling apart his constructions than building anything, but she really enjoys them. They also have the water/sand table and love it. Soapy bubbles in there keep them occupied for a long time.

I feel as though Nina has everything she needs due to having a toddler brother so we probably won't get too much. Just some more books probably. I would like to have a little party, or small gathering though. x
  • Options
    THG, sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. I hope you have a better week this week. Hope you're ok? Email me if you want to have a grumble. xx