Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

on the move!!!!!!

omg my little girl is crawling and into absolutely everything!!honestly i feel ive done a full days workout and its only just after 9am lol!cant believe how fast its all gone and that shes 8months old already!!she'll be walking next! its going far too fast!!! x

Replies

• It's crazy isn't it!! Where have our tiny newborns gone?!! Max is crawling, pulling up and slow cruising, I found it hard work to begin with but I've baby proofed as best I can so I just leave him to it (apart from when he's trying to drink the dogs water!)

Has anyones Los got bruised knees ? We've got wooden floors and it doesn't stop max but his little knees are black and blue! I worry that he's damaging them x
  • I know, I know, it is going so fast! Scary to think in a few months they may be walking. Ninas the same and like pixiebob I'm just letting her get on with it really. There are catches on cupboards I don't want her getting into and she's welcome to rummage through the rest.

I haven't noticed bruised knees and we've also got wooden and stone floors. Im sure he'll be fine though. Her brother before Nina crawled around on the same floors and is fine. But has anyones lo's got bruising at the top of their bums?! Nina has always had it and I assume it's from being carried. x
  • i know, lonf gone are the days of knowing that if u put them on the play mat while u nip to the loo, they'll stil be there lol. austin is crawling at the speed of light and is now pretty???? fast at cruising too (and no longer needs any encouragement lol)

he doesn't have bruised knees tho and we have wood floors, however he doesn't like crawling on carpet, if we go to my mums he takes ages before he gets going, must be cos he can't hear the 'slap slap slap' oof his hands lol (think he does that on purpose lol) xx
  • I wish my ds would crawl!! He is so nearly there. How can I encourage him??!!x
  • Yep Erin-Beth is getting around loads too, we also have wooden floors and she moves soooo quick and loves to be chased! She can also now chase the cats which is funny as he loves it..if she turns and goes the other way he runs up to her almost taps her on the shoulder and she goes after him again....keep trying to video it but im never prepared lol lol and the Slap Slap sound on the floors makes us laugh!

Missiemoo...Erin has a large "bruise" mark at the top of her bum...doc and HV said its a Mongolian Blue spot shes had it since birth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_Spots) I was terrified wen I spotted it wen she was a few days old..but is quite normal...thou unsure how Erin has come to have one as its mostly from East Asians/Africans!! So our family history will make interesting reading :lol::lol:
  • Oh I'm glad you told me that malakin. I had never heard about Mongolian blue spots before but I think that's probably what it is. Funny as my son had one as well, although it's pretty much gone now. I just assumed it was normal as they are carried with their bums a bit squashed so much!! Anyway the wikipedia entry kept oh and I occupied for a while. x
  • Lailas been crawling for a while now and took her first unaided steps the other day!! Our house is pretty baby proof from James anyway, so not having to worry to much about that! The xmas tree has been bit of a nightmare though, and the bottom half of our tree is now naked (no baubles or beads!)
    xx
  • I wish my ds would crawl!! He is so nearly there. How can I encourage him??!!x

i'm exactly the same with hollie. she rolls everywhere but refuses to crawl. she can sort of stand if she's leaning on something but still wont stand unaided and she can sit but will still fall backwards so its either me on the floor behind her or cusions.

• Millie is still not crawling. She will go up on all fours and rock backwards and forwards but doesnt move around. If she want s to get somewhere she rolls there. Saying that she has started shuffling backwards today so fingers crossed its the start as think she gets so frustrated with herself at the moment.
    xxx
  • Noooooooo - you don't want them to crawl - you want them to sit nicely!! image

Daisy-Mae is also into everything since she started crawling at 6.5 months... I frequently find her chewing the dog's bone... image And yesterday, I popped into the kitchen for one minute and I thought I could hear a funny noise - went back into lounge - she was playing with a glass my hubby left on the floor! Doh!

C xxxxx