Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Swine flu vacination?

Hi ladies

I have had a letter from my drs to make an appointment for Millie to have the swine flu jab. I think Im going to let her have it but I'm just not feeling 100% about it. Im not too sure exactly why, but I was thinking this morning surely we are coming out of flu season now coming up to spring so is it still such a big risk now? Im not sure if it works like the normal strains of flu that seem to die off in the summer months....I just dont want to give her extra immunisations she may not need especially with her 12month MMR looming.

Is everyone getting their LO's done? Think they will probably offer it to me now I am pregnant again too so thats another decsion to make!

xxx

Replies

• We haven't had the letter yet but I'll be taking max for his when we do-I'd never forgive myself if he caught swine flu, I few of my friends have had it and they were very poorly. I think I'd be wary if it was around the time if his mmr, I'd do it either a month before or after xx
  • i was gonna post exact same thing as pbob lol. if and when our gp offers it to him then i'll be taking him for it, but i won't have it given to him too close to the mmr, poor little mites all these nasty jabs. xx
  • I was unsure about Riley having it too. But in the end I decided to let him have it and he was absolutely fine was back to normal and laughing again as soon as we got home so I'm glad I did. x
  • Zach had his a couple of weeks ago! I ummed and ahhed for a while but then decided I would only regret it if I didn't and he ended up with Swine Flu! He was fine though, no after effects!
  • Daisy-Mae is having hers on Saturday.

My SIL had my niece done after advice from a paediatric consultant at Alderhey. So I'm following that advice as well...

C xx