Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not enjoying Leah at the moment

Hi well all Leah seems to do is scream at the moment image if she falls over she screams if Lexie has got something she suddenly wants she screams if you bath her she screams you get the picture all i hear in my house lately is screaming and my own voice saying no naughty etc and she screams etc and now she has addedd a squeel to the scream too so it sounds like she is in pain argh its driving me mad image she also i know it sounds mad but pushes Lexie out the way,snatches toys off her food etc shes turning into a bully but at the same time shes so cute and funny and loves mummy i think she is a mummys girl and she seems to have curly hair which is so cute image i just hope the screaming stage goes quick lol

Replies

• Sounds like she's found an exciting new sound and is getting plenty of practice with it! Just remind yourself that it IS a phase and it WILL pass-eventually! Xx
  • I agree with PB it will pass. My ds has tantrums and I just ignore him which I must say has helped reduce them. Its not easy at times, I agree xx
  • I think this is quite a frustrating stage for them as well. I know that Peter is having a lot more tantrums at the moment and I think it is because he doesn't have the language yet to express his needs and desires in a way that we can understand quickly and easily. I am making a conscious effort to explain to him why he can't have something/I am picking him up when he wants to play/I am stopping him doing what he was doing. I still get a lot of tantrums, hair pulling, yelling, but he does understand a lot and I think (hope!) it will help in the long run. If nothing else, hopefully it will encourage his language skills to a point where communication is less frustrating for all of us. I keep reminding myself that the world must seem a very arbitrary and unfair place at the moment, hence the behaviour. As hard as it is, it isn't a reflection of either their personality or our ability to parent, just something they and we have to go through. It is exhausting though! (And we have a molar coming through so I have teething grumps on top of everything - it has been a very long week!)
  • I think you're spot on there THG. I can see how frustrated max gets sometimes, eg he'll be pointing to something and I just can't see what he wants, I'll make suggestions and he gets more and more upset. It must be so infuriating for them, max really doesn't like his buggy much-the poor lad, he's spent months learning how to walk, finally masters it and then we strap him down when all he wants to do is explore . He also loves nothing more than unloading things -he helps unload the washing machiene and gets lots of praise yet when he unloads the rubbish bin or his nappy stacker he gets a sturn no-it must be so confusing for them! No wonder they have tantrums!xx
  • Ahh Im sure it is just a phase just very annoying whilst its going on! Millie also screams alot but we just try and ignore it and talk calmly to her! I have screamed back at her before now when she's been being really silly and he look on her face is so funny! But then it becomes a game which isn't what I wanted to happen! ha