Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

15mths- Anyone else finding it bloody hard work?!

Hi there ladies,
Hope all is well with all March babies. I was just wondering as we are all approaching the 15mth mark how we are findng it? Ollie is so lovely and learning new things everyday but my god is he hard work too! He really has a temper on him when things don't go his way- throwing himself, screaming and even hitting out at times. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant I'm not coping so well?

Like I say it's a lovely stage too but he is so draining at the moment especially as he has taken to waking up on random nights and staying awake for hours (11pm-3am last night) and I have no idea what is wrong with him? He still only has 4 teeth and I am certain there are more on the way but if we cuddle him/bring him into our bed he just plays with our faces and laughs) but screams when he gets put back in bed! He is not eating as much either which I am not worried about as usually he eats enough to keep 3 toddlers going so I know he will have reserves! He isn't walking but has only been crawling 3 weeks so not expecting that to happen anytime soon. His speech is really coming on and he has about 10 or more single words. Maybe he is just overloaded with new things his mind is always active?

Replies

• Max is like a whirlwind-just watching him wears me out! From the second he opens his eyes in the morning (at 4am i might add!) he doesn't stop, he just charges around the places singing, shouting, laughing, he throws himself on the sofa, throws himself backwards and does forward rolls (no joke!) . I just sit there thinking he's a total nutter! By 11am I HAVE to take him out in the pram just so that he's strapped down and I can relax knowing he's safe in one place! That doesn't last long though, after about 10 minutes he starts trying to lauch himself out! He's a total firecracker, anything that restrains him for longer than 30 seconds results in him kicking off -nappy changes, getting into his chair, carseat, buggy, sitting having his socks put on, having his teeth cleaned, 30 seconds later all's forgotten and he's back to smiling, laughing and trying to pick my nose! He's such a drama queen!

I absolutely adore him, hulabaloo and all xx
  • I'm really lucky Spencer is such a good boy, he sleeps from 8 til 7:30 every night then has two naps in the day as well. If he didn't have those day naps i don't know what i'd do now i'm 24 weeks pregnant i'm having to have a nap to! It doesn't sound like Spencer has as much energy as your boys. He's taken over the lounge with all his toys and that seems to keep him busy so i can get on with things then we normally go out after lunch for fresh air. He's not quite walking yet but he wants to and gets really stroppy if he's in his pushchair to long, he walks holding my hand so hopefully it won't be long although then he'll be a nightmare. He still only says dadda and mumma and a few unrecognisable words but he understands alot. If you say to him wheres abigail (new baby) he lifts up my tshirt and plays peek a boo with her.
    I'm really worried about how i'm gonna cope with two i'm gonna be dead to the world!
  • I agree Dinks! My ds is super fun when he is in his best mood but then sometimes he just drives me to tears! I work a full time hours week over four days so my days at work are long to allow me to have an extra day off each week. When I come home he is usually in the bath so I take over from the childminder and get him washed etc. But that is his worst time of the day and he can either be fab or horrendous to me. I miss him all day then come home to him screaming at me! I just think its my ounishmnet for working but I have little choice on that one. iIam also 23 weeks pg (with a possible issue that was found on the 20 week scan which is stressful!) so it maybe my hormones interferring!
    Twinklestarfairy- its fab your having a girl next! You must be thrilled. I am team blue again which is great but as this one will (hopefully) complete the family I will miss being a mumy to a little girl!!

Hang in there everyone! We are all fab Mummy'sxx
  • Thanks ladies,
    Things seem to be looking up (touch wood!) Ollie has come out with SO many new words this week and has learnt some animal sounds and is also pointing to parts of his body so I think his little brain is in information overload mode!

We have also moved house but he has taken to that really well and he actually has his own playroom! So he is loving all the space and having all his toys out!

Hope everyone settles down soon. All these little phases are sent to test us I'm sure!
  • oh yes, again could eb becaus ei'm preggers, but he's so hyper all the tim, can't sit still for more than 30seconds, and lately he's been quite tantrumy, although on the whole he's very good, he does wear me out, i think mainly becaus ei'm stuck with things to do with him indoors, so its mainly me chasing him round the living room (his favourite game) or dancing to the tunes on the musci channels, he's always wanting to do somehting energetic, but i don't really ahve that much energy, partcicularly as he's in the process of dropping his afternoon nap, sometimes he wants it and sometimes he doesn't. think it would help if OH would give me a break for just an hour or two once in a while, but the most i ever get is maybe once a fortnight he'll go to the local corner shop and if i ask him he'll take austin with him, last time he took austin out for 20minutes, and that was only so i could wash the floor!

xx
    16+3
  • I find it hard work because Riley is so clingy to me still! Do any of your lo's still cling to your leg 24/7? Don't understand why he's like that though because I work most days so he spends a lot of time with my mum when he's absolutely fine, but as soon as I'm back he won't leave me alone! When we're at home sometimes if I just pop upstairs and leave him downstairs with daddy he'll cry for me until I get back. I have to sneak out of the room when he's not looking so that I can get things done! x
  • Hi Kel,
    I have days like this with Ollie and also certain people he is like it with! But he isn't like it always- it's dependant on his mood! I hope Ryley gets better soon but at least he is ok when you are not there!
  • Max can be clingy still at times, he's the same as Ollie-it depends on his mood ie. teething , who's with us ie. my friends 2 year old who intimidates him and where we are.

He used to be like Riley-clingy all the time. It is a phase and I just let him cling as much as he wanted-lots of carrying and cuddles and one on one time, they eventually realise that we always come back wether we've been to work or the bathroom were never away for long! Something I've also done which has really helped is to count slowley down from 10, I'd do it when l left a room and be back by the count of 1. I still do it now when I leave max upstairs as this sometimes still upsets him but it's turned into a game now, I count really loudly so he knows I'm downstairs and I'll be back in 10 x