Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

omg, austin just...

rolled over!!!!

i can't believe it. he was on his back on his play mat and kept rolling onto his side like he's been doing for a week now and i looked up to say something to OH and when i looked down again he was in his tummy!! at first i thought it was a fluke but he's done it 9 times in the past hour now! i'm in shock, especially as he had shown no interest in rolling at all until a week ago and i didn't think they usually rolled onto their tummies til atleast 5 month??? austin is 14weeks old now and now iu'm a bit concerned he'll learn to roll the other way soon too and then i wont be able to take my eyes off himr for a second, thought i hada good couple ofmonths to go til i needed to worry aboput that lol.
sry pointless post but just had to share.

hope all ladies and babies are well

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Aww well done Austin!
    Don't think Riley will be doing that for a while yet!
    xxx
  • Options
    Thats fab - Austin is a very clever boy - I read they usually roll from tummy to back first so he's very clever to do the hard way first!!!
  • Options
    Well done Austin!! Max pulls his legs up and rocks from side to side but that's as far as he can get-so cute to watch, i do enjoy giving him a little push and toppling him over-always gets a smile!!x
  • Options
    AAhh, they are so cute when they manage to start rolling around on their play gyms and amuse themselves a bit more!Owen is just starting to roll so no more perching him on the sofa whilst i make a bottle or a cuppa!
  • Options
    omg i just came on here to post the same thing. Samuel has been sleeping 7 until 7 since 11 weeks and i usually have to wake him at 7!!! but this morning (16 weeks) at half six i was awoken with a blood curdling scream. i ran into his room to find him face down in the cot!!!!

he then did it three times on his playmat. I then put him down for his morning nap and he did it again but got his feet trapped in the bars on the cot so absolutely screamed the house down!!!!

i've just put him down again (think its worn him out!!) so if it happens again i'm going to have tho think of something to stop his legs going out the bars. he's only rolled to the right shoulder so far so i've put him the other way so if he does roll and stick his feet out he'll hit the wall!!!

so proud and yet so horrified that the relaxing baby days may be over!!!
  • Options
    awww well done austin! its amazing how quick they change. Kayleigh not done that yet but is very close, always on her side bless and when i lay her on her tummy on the mat im sure she tries to reach out for her toys lol! x
  • Options
    On a similar note- i went to feed Max last night and he'd completely turned himself around-head where his feet should be-i've no idea how he managed it?!x
  • Options
    lol, i've got images of max brake dancing in his cot when no one is looking xx
  • Options
    I really can't work out how he did it,must have been a head stand followed by a back flip!x
  • Options
    darcy learnt front to back last week and now back to front, shes moving scarily fast as well as turning 360 and wriggling. Shes 15 weeks. Bought a jumperoo so i can leave her for five min without an escape attempt!