Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What's your favourite part of the day?

Mine is first thing in the morning. I usually wake up anytime between 6 and 7 to hear Max babbling away, as soon as he catches sight of me, a huge yummy grin spreads across his face-he does this thing where he sticks his tongue out as he smiles, it's so sweet-just makes me melt. He then starts kicking with excitement-he's always so happy when he wakes up, i soon forget how many times ive been up in the night!

Another favourite is his lunchtime nap. I know it's a bad habit but he refuses to nap in his cot (apart from morning nap) so we get snuggled on the sofa together, he really stares into my eyes as he falls asleep and then i quietly put the tv on and catch up on my programmes. Im going to have to stop doing this eventually but i just love it and i know, in years to come, it will be a precious memory so sod the routine!!X

Replies

• Options
    Oh I am so awful in the mornings. No matter how well Nina sleeps I always want that bit extra in the morning..no I'm really not a morning person.

But on to the topic, I absolutely love, love, love bathtime. The whole day is so chaotic and Angelo (my son, not oh) demands much more attention than Nina, but bath time is just for us. She's so happy and smiley and it's just a really lovely, special time.
  • Options
    When Amelia first wakes up she smiles and giggles when go into her room - So so cute - Even if its the middle of the night!!

Strangely another time I like is changing her nappy because she wriggles all over the place and I'm convinced she's going to do a backwards roll before going sidewards - She's so funny!!

Like you Pixiebob we also have an afternoon snuggle on the sofa - Amelia can be a bit clingy when shes tired so a cave into her - She has a sleep and I have a read of my book - or watch tennis - OH often comes home to find us both asleep together. It is a bad habit but who cares when she's bigger she won't want to snuggle with me!!
  • Options
    Darcy sings to her mobile in the morning and is all smiles. melts your heart! Dunno where she got this morning person gene from, I'm so not a morning person!!! Thinking about it i can't remember last time she cried to get up despite fact she must be starving!! (wails like banshee for milk in day). I love bathtimes too, she loves a good splash.
  • Options
    Darcy sings to her mobile in the morning and is all smiles. melts your heart! Dunno where she got this morning person gene from, I'm so not a morning person!!! Thinking about it i can't remember last time she cried to get up despite fact she must be starving!! (wails like banshee for milk in day). I love bathtimes too, she loves a good splash.