Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

period

Hi girls,

I'm popping over from "born in april" (my baby was due the 28th of march) I had my lovely little boy on the 8th of april.

I just wanted to ask you ladies when you got your first period after giving birth? I had charlie 3 weeks ago today and am still on/off bleeding but almost stopped now thank god!! I am unsure when your periods come back some people say 5-6 weeks others say anytime from when the birth bleeding stops?

I have been getting alot of period type pains so am wondering if my period is going to start soon!

Danielle

xxx

Replies

• Hi. Riley is 4 weeks old and mine has just started. My bleeding wasn't that bad and for the last week or so was just heavy discharge really. Buy then I started bleeding a couple days ago and its really heavy so I'm assuming its my period.
    xxx
  • Zach is 6 weeks old and i had mine last weekend. Are you breastfeeding? You know it can delay your period sometimes?
  • No not breast feeding. My after birth bleeding is still a redish pink colour not like a period but i thought it was ment to turn into a brown colour then like a white discharge? My baby is only 3 weeks to guess it could still be a while!

Did any of you ladies still feel not quite right down there for a while? I keep having lots of aches and pains down there mainly on my pubic bone.

As i say charlie is only just 3 weeks old i have been to the docs and they have said it all sounds normal to them.

Danielle

xxx
  • honey, Zach is 6 weeks and I'm still feeling odd twinges every so often and my pelvis still aches. Had my 6 week check up today and the nurse said it was normal, and would gradually go. I guess after what we've been through it's going to take a while to settle down!

I think my after birth bleeding finished around 4 weeks!!

Cas
  • Hiya, well ive just finished my period and bellas 6 weeks, i actually got a shock coz id stopped bleeding then like 3 days later had a different bleed and presumed i was my period, but i didnt expect it soooo soon, never mind. But yeah my pelvic floor feels quite unstable, i feel the inside of my floozy is gonna fall out, is it just me !!!!! im sure im fine coz i used tampons for my period. But when i sometimes go to the toilet for a number two, i get a pain in like my bowel, lower stomach area and its like my bowels opening its awful, is this normal or should i get myself checked out. and cas we dont have a 6 week check here, they do it all at 8 weeks now injections for baby and check up for me, so its crap everyone else gets check ups, but in a way its all done in one go xxxx
  • Hiya, well ive just finished my period and bellas 6 weeks, i actually got a shock coz id stopped bleeding then like 3 days later had a different bleed and presumed i was my period, but i didnt expect it soooo soon, never mind. But yeah my pelvic floor feels quite unstable, i feel the inside of my floozy is gonna fall out, is it just me !!!!! im sure im fine coz i used tampons for my period. But when i sometimes go to the toilet for a number two, i get a pain in like my bowel, lower stomach area and its like my bowels opening its awful, is this normal or should i get myself checked out. and cas we dont have a 6 week check here, they do it all at 8 weeks now injections for baby and check up for me, so its crap everyone else gets check ups, but in a way its all done in one go xxxx
  • hi uby willbe 8 weeks on monday and i still havent had my period yet, bleed for 4-5 weeks after the birth. dont mind that the peiods havent come back yet only thing i dont like is not knowing when to expect it and being caught of guard!!!

i had y 6 week check up nealy 2 weeks but had felt back to normalfroabout 2 weeks after the birth, still havent had rubys 8 week appointment come through!! and i have rang a few times to try and book it just to be told they will ring me, i really want her to have her jabs quick where i have kids at school age there is loads of childhood illness going around and a little woryed they ight be carriers and give her something but never mind need to stop worrying lol if it was that simple

Mari
  • I stopped bleeding for a day now it's come back again! arrr sooo annoying!! I had really bad period pains yesterday and got them again today so not sure what on earths going on down there lol

Loz monster i have the same as you with my bowels lovely isn't it. I also get this pain down below sometimes aswell which can be very painful. It's wierd isn't it although it must be normal if we are both getting it (or were both abnormal lol ) Charlie will be 4 weeks wednesday so i'm hoping this bleeding stops and maybe have a period to get it all out the way i have had enough now! although the bleeding is hardly anything compared to a few weeks ago!

Danielle
    xxx
  • hi there

as for the pains down below i was very very tender for about 4 weeks and still bleeding for 5 weeks especailly after going for walks then it stop and got my period back with avengance omg it is awful its lasted for 10 days now and still really really heavy i have to ware the towels like the ones we had in hospital cause (always) pads are not capable sorry for being so descriptive but i HATE it!! i have started on the pill again so hopefully that will sort it out but wtf to put it nicely i have not missed having my period one little bit !!!!!!!

lynettex:evil::x
  • has anyone done the deed yet? You know S.E.X? We did a few nights ago and OMG it was uncomfortable! It was worse than my first time!
  • No i have not done the deed yet lol!!!!! I am worried it will hurt so think i will leave it a while longer charlie is 4 weeks now and i have stopped bleeding so i have no excuse!! (dam lol) My oh has been good tho he hasn't really asked for it so may reward him soon! hehe

Danielle

xxx
  • Yes we did the deed when Riley was 3 weeks. I My stitches had healed nicely by then and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! xxx
  • i bled for about 3 1/2 wks after having Laila, still no af yet though and she is almost 9wks. I'm bf so not sure when it will come, have been told that dont always get af if bf??
    As for the deed, did it about 4 wks after she was born, not as bad as i thought it would be- but a bit uncomfty and i was soo very nervous, HAve only managed it twice though,